Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500 E709a printing all colors except black. Performed services, unplugged, restarted, and replaced black cartridge with new. When performing alignment, receive message "alignment unsuccessful". Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I suspect this may be related to the print head.  I've included a link below to assist in walking through the steps.  Good luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01654630

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

I suspect this may be related to the print head.  I've included a link below to assist in walking through the steps.  Good luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01654630

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Success!!! Thank you for your advice. In addition to your link re cleaning printheads, I actually soaked it in hot water, as well. It was really gunked up. I saw this suggestion on another message. Sounded a little risky, but it did work.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

How did you clean the printhead - I don't see it in the link - thanks

HP Recommended

I was able to run the "clean printhead" function under tools (3 times) and this worked. I also ran the secondary cleaning that was a follow up option (after the first cleaning) on the printer.  Black ink is now functioning.  Here are the steps...

Solution four: Clean the printhead

NOTE:This process uses ink to try to unclog and clean the nozzles in the printhead. This process might take a few minutes and uses one or more sheets of paper.
  1. Load letter, A4, or legal size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.
  2. Press the Setup button ( ) .
  3. Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to highlight Tools , and then press OK .
  4. Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to highlight Clean Printhead , and then press OK . The product cleans the printhead.
  5. When the cleaning process completes, press any button on the control panel to return to theTools menu.
  6. Try to align the product again.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  Running the clean printhead through multiple times worked.  Unfortunately it also depleted much of my ink.  The cynical side of me thinks HP felt I wasnt using enough ink...

HP Recommended

Hello.  I have exactly the problem described here but the link to the solution does not work.

Can you please repost.

Many thanks.

EJ

HP Recommended

HP6500 printer- black not printing.  I tried cleaning the printheads, both using the printers method and taking out the printhead to run through warm water, went so far as to purchase a new printhead - still nothing - getting the alignment failed message.  The ink cartridges are brand new.  Any suggestions?  Got this error when I initially installed the new printhead 'Ink System has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes, or print. Refer to printer documentation. Error: 0xc19a0013 Turn power off, then on again.'  I did that, then it ran the alignment, but failed.  Suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have tried all of the above.  bought new print head, new cartridges.  still wont print black.  Any other ideas before I buy a new printer?  I can tbelive I already soent enough to buy one and it still doesnt work

HP Recommended

those steps worked for me! Setup -> Tools -> Clean Printer Heads. Then after about 5 minutes, it started printing Black again, yay! Thanks. I wasn't looking forward to boiling anything, so I'm glad the built-in cleaning option worked, though it seems to have really sucked the ink levels down! ah well...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.