Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Add your web-connected printer to your HP ePrintCenter account / Print your Web Services info sheet to retrieve your printer code

To add your printer to your HP ePrintCenter account:

If you don't have an HP ePrintCenter account:  (If you do have an account already, see the next section below.)

1. Go to www.hpeprintcenter.com

2. Click the blue "Sign In" button.  Then on the sign-in dialog that appears, if you don't already have an ePrintCenter account, click the blue "Sign Up" option at the top of the dialog and follow the steps in the account creation dialog to enter your personal email address, choose a password, etc.

3. At the end of the HP ePrintCenter account creation process a dialog will appear automatically asking you to enter your printer code to add it to your HP ePrintCenter account.  If you don't see that dialog, after creating your account, click the "+ Add Printer" link below the "Printers | Apps | Create | News | Help" options on HP ePrintCenter.

4. Enter your printer code in the dialog that appears and select OK.  Important note:  Your printer code is shown on your web services info sheet that printed out when you enabled web services on your device.   In most cases you will need to reactivate your printer code by printing your web services info sheet from your printer - follow the instructions below in the "Get your printer's ePrintCenter setup code" section below to reprint your web services info sheet. 

If you already have an HP ePrintCenter account:

1. Go to www.hpeprintcenter.com and click the blue Sign In button and log into your account

2. Click the "+ Add Printer" link below the "Printers | Apps | Create | News | Help" options.

3. Enter your printer code in the dialog that appears and select OK.  Important note:  Your printer code is shown on your web services info sheet that printed out when you enabled web services on your device.   In most cases you will need to reactivate your printer code by printing your web services info sheet from your printer - follow the instructions below to reprint your web services info sheet. 

Get your printer's ePrintCenter setup code 

To add your printer to your ePC account you need to get your printer code from your web-connected printer.  How you do this depends on which type of web-conneceted printer you own. 

You will likely need to reprint your web services info sheet to enable your printer for adding to your ePrintCenter account - your printer's claiming code can only be used to add it to an ePC account for 24 hours after printing the info sheet.  Reprinting the info sheet doesn't change your claiming code or email address, it just re-enables your printer to be added to your ePC account.  You can only print your Web Services info sheet if you have enabled web services on your printer.  If the web services info sheet will not print, try removing and re-enabling web services (see here for how to do that) and your info sheet should print automatically.

The steps to re-print your info sheet vary by product: 

Photosmart Printers:

Depending on the printer model, either:

-       Via the Setup>Wireless>Web Services Settings menu, or

-       Via the Web Services/ePrint icon on the front panel display – select the icon and select the “Print Report” button on the Web Services status screen. 

On the eStation:

1. Select the Menu button on the eStation display (to the right of the Home and Back buttons at the top left when the display is docked on the printer);
  2. Scroll down to the ePrint section
  3. Select the blue "Web Services" settings link on the right of the ePrint section
  4. Select the Print ePrint Information option

Officejet printers:

Depending on the printer model, either:

-       Via the Setup > Web Services Setup >Printer Email Address menu, or

-       Via the ePrint icon on the front panel display – select the ePrint icon and select the “Print” button on the ePrint Status screen.

LaserJet printers:

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the HP Web Services tab.
  4. Click the Print Information Sheet button.

I am an HP employee.
40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

I have tried all that but I can't find the majority of that you're talking about.  I've used HP printers since 1996 and I've NEVER been confused!  Why did you have to get all complicated? :HalfEyes:

I Have an HP Photosmart C4780... in SIMPLE language please tell me how to get my printer code.  It tell me I need one for the HP eprint Center.   Please email it to me @  {Personal Information Removed} because I doubt I'll ever be able to find this site again  (pure accident).

HP Recommended

The photosmart c4780 is not an ePrint capable printer unfortunately. In order to get a printer code and use ePrint it must be an ePrint capable printer. For a list of ePrint capable printers, go here.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended
I eep trying to print sometimeit does sometimes it doesnt could be made easier.
HP Recommended

I have done that several times and I get is a printer code and NO email address to enter in for sign up

HP Recommended

I need to find my hp email address of my code? Is it my IP address?

HP Recommended

I have a laserjet pro m1217

and i printed out the sheets for the printer but i dont know where to find the code, could someone tell me how long the code is, is it numbers and letters or just one, and if possible post a picture of the exmaple sheet with the correctline circled. (obv u can blur out ur code)

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

You printer code is all you need to add your printer on the HP ePrintCenter site...once you enter the printer code on the ePC you will receive your default printer email address, and more importantly, be offered the option to create your own email address to use with your printer.

For example, on the ePC when adding your printer, you can rename the default printer email address (which might be something like 323rer432ase@hpeprint.com to something much more memorable/useable for you and your family, like Smithfamilyprinter@hpeprint.com". 

See the instructions above in the first post of this thread for printing your web services info sheet from your printer.  In most cases reprinting your web services info sheet is required, as your printer code is only activated to enable adding your printer to your ePC account for 24 hours after the web services info sheet is printed.  (Once your printer is added to your account you should not need to print the info sheet again, unless you remove it from your account and want to add it to another ePC account.)  Take the printer code on that sheet and follow the instructions in the first post for adding that printer to your ePC account.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

why can't Ireset mypassword when I click on the Sign-In blue button on the ePrintCenter? It keep telling me sign in failed. When I try setting up a new account, it will not let me use the email id? Help? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@dbz wrote:

why can't Ireset mypassword when I click on the Sign-In blue button on the ePrintCenter? It keep telling me sign in failed. When I try setting up a new account, it will not let me use the email id? Help? Thank you.

Click on the "Forgot your password" link below the password field that appears when you click the Sign In link. 

Then enter your ePC account email address in the dialog that appears...the email address you enter is your personal email address you used when you first set up your ePC account, NOT the email address of your printer. 

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.