Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yesterday morning my HP110a stopped working with airprint. iPad and iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3, having worked fine before, suddenly cannot find the printer on the network. Using Safari, I can access the printer's webpage from the iPad and iPhone, my MacBook Pro finds the printer with Bonjour, ePrinting works fine - but AirPrint doggedly refuses to work.

I have been through all the troubleshooting points - checked network, checked all software / firmware is up to date, even updated iOS to 4.3.1 to no avail. 

The need to print from the iPad is urgent - what can I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved this tonite! Changing the Internet Printing Protocols setting from Off to On, suddenly made the printer findable via AirPrint. Interesting! Why don't HP make it clear that IPP needs to be on for AirPrint to work. I have wasted several hours trying to sort this out.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

On the iPad's Home Screen, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and reboot the iPad.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Thanks, but I have tried this and it has made no difference. Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

Solved this tonite! Changing the Internet Printing Protocols setting from Off to On, suddenly made the printer findable via AirPrint. Interesting! Why don't HP make it clear that IPP needs to be on for AirPrint to work. I have wasted several hours trying to sort this out.

HP Recommended
Great advice. Info I couldn't find elsewhere. Thanx
HP Recommended
Someone suggested to turn on the IPP and I do not know where to find that. Sorry I am not super computer literate so if someone can tell me where to find that I would be grateful.
HP Recommended

Hello @Shindel,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that you would like to know where you can disable the IPP on your printer.

This would depend on the model of printer you have.

With most printers you will have to access the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

The easiest way to do this is to type the printers IP address into the URL or goto bar of any web browser.

Once in the EWS select the tab labelled Network.

The IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) is usually found under the Advanced Settings sub menu.

If I could have the model of print you own, I most likely will be able to give you more detailed instructions..

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thank you! We figured it out. Because we upgraded our cable service we had to update the the printer info too by reloading the disc. The router now recognizes our wireless printer. Thank you so much!!!
HP Recommended

I have an officejet pro 8610. 

My airprint stopped working from my IMAC. 

It works from my macbook air. 

I can print from both with my USB and I have been through the protocals listed in trouble shooting multiple times. 

I would like to know how to get the airprint to work on my IMAC again. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Diagnostic report all good but Wireless Direct status Off . 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.