Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8710

I just bought a new office jet pro 8710 to replace my hp officejet 6500 A plus.  With the new printer I can not AirPrint.  I can hp eprint, but not all documents work with eprint.  If the web page/application has a print tab built into the web page and I hit that print tab, my printer doesn't show up.  When I try to use the icon (box with arrow going up)  airdrop it doesn't print the content desired.  How can I get my hp officejet pro 8710 to be accepted by the apple is as a air printer.  I have already upgraded the iPad to the latest os, upgraded the printers firm ware, turned off and on the router, printer and iPad in that order many times.  The router has not been changed and was able to support air printing with my devices with my old printer.  I can print to the printer with my pc using Microsoft office.   Any suggestions.   Very tiring... Many hours spent trying.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @Donnasly,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are not able to use Airprint when printing from you Apple devices to your Officejet 8710 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To narrow down the issue:

1. On the printer click on the icon that looks like several devices.
  2. Turn On Wireless Direct.
  3. Connect your Apple device to the network with a name similar to HP Print - XX - Officejet 8710.
  4. Try to print via Airprint.

This will allow me to narrow down where the issue is so that I can provide you with more directions.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Donnasly,

I understand that you encounter airprint issue, where you are not able to detect the printer through iOS device. I would like to assist you as possible, i have crafted a few steps to ensure this airprint is working. let me know if below works for your or if you have resolved this issue, do let us know too. thanks.

*Remarks: My printer is OJP8730, but it works the same for 8710

Step 1: Move the printer

1. Move the printer closer to wireless router.
    2. Ensure printer connected to 2.4GHz band wireless router/network.
    3. Keep the printer at a safe distance from household appliances that can potentially interfering with the WIFI signal.
      • Microwave ovens
      • Cordless phones or other devices that use the 2.4GHz band

Step 2: Connecting printer through Embedded Web Server, EWS

1. Print a network configuration report from the printer and look at the information for IPv4.
    2. Open Internet Explorer or a Chrome web browser and type the IP address into the User Request Line (URL).

Figure 1: An embedded web server page opens.

1. Click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
    2. Click Security, and then click Administrator Settings
    3. Under Network Settings, ensure Airpint function is “checked”
    4. Then click Apply.

figure 1.png

Figure 2: Embedded Web Server

1 - Settings tab

2 - Security menu >> Administrator Settings

3 – Check/Enable Airprint under Network Settings

4 – Click Apply

figure 2.png

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! the check mark wasnt checked off. Thank you sooo much!!

HP Recommended

Hi sgtdawson12,

Appreciate your feedback that this help to resolve your challenge on airprint. We glad that able to resolve your airprint issue. 

Enjoy the journey of printing with our OJP printer.

>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
HP Recommended

It turned out a setting issues during setup.  Others should be careful due to the very small screen used for setup.  With HP help I did a semi reset and rd insure.  As noted AirPrint chart mark was off.  

HP Recommended

Hi Donnasly,

Thanks for informing you have resolved the issue as well by checking the AirPrint box.

Appreciate if you can mark this post as resolved, as this may help other facing similar challenge to locate the solution easier.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Archilles, you are a rock star. I had the same issue and appreciate your fix. I hope hp hires you permanently and gives you a raise. 

HP Recommended

This solution also helped with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8740.

HP has made this problem happen by default for eveyrone who chooses to NOT have automatic ink subscriptions!

Then when you go through normal steps to solve it yourself it says "Check with the person who set your printer up.  They have chosen to disallow this feature."

God bless this HP employee who has chosen to help mere mortals get to use their HP printer despite the malevalent trap laid by their employer.

Does this make me want to buy another HP product?  What do yu think?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.