Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hp Photosmart C310A.... I've printed from my iPhone before...but I can't now....it recognizes printer....appears to send to printer...but then nothing happens...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Missyl1972,

I would like you to follow the steps below.

> Clear the print queue on the iPhone.

•  Double click on the home key on your iPhone.
  •  You will see the print center in there.
  •  Select the print jobs and cancel them.

> Power cycle the printer/.

> Power cycle the mobile.

> Power cycle the router.

Let us know if this helped you.

Thanks
Josh.C

Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Missyl1972,

I would like you to follow the steps below.

> Clear the print queue on the iPhone.

•  Double click on the home key on your iPhone.
  •  You will see the print center in there.
  •  Select the print jobs and cancel them.

> Power cycle the printer/.

> Power cycle the mobile.

> Power cycle the router.

Let us know if this helped you.

Thanks
Josh.C

Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi missyi1972,

Try:

1. Press the home button two times from the home screen (this should bring up your multitasking at the bottom)
  2. If you have documents pending in Print Center, cancel them.
  3. Try to AirPrint again.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Same problem. Your solution did not help. Using an iphone 4 with IOS 5 installed. Unable to print to Photosmart Plus b210 when I previously had no trouble at all. Now it sends print but nothing ever reaches printer. Print Summary status says "printing" but little wheel keeps spinning without resolution. What do I do? This is really annoying.

HP Recommended
Doesn't work. Still unable to print. Print summary says "printing" but never resolves into a completed job. What do I try next? Really annoying.
HP Recommended

worked like a charm,  don't know why it was backed up, but thank you very much

HP Recommended

@danthony 

Was it clearing the print queue that resolved it?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Just clearing the print queue did it for me. I could never find the queue before. Thanks so much!
HP Recommended
How do I find the print queue on my iPhone 7 so that I can try clearing? Ditto for my MacBook Pro Retina? Have HO Officejet 5740. Having same problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.