Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I trying to uninstall the MS10 update but it would not let me. Waiting for the fix from HP.

HP Recommended

Anyone have a business support account they can open a ticket with?  They may be more responsive.  I'm working on behalf of an organization but they told me it's a consumer printer so I have to use consumer support.

It would be helpful just to know that their software engineers are aware of it and are working on it, even if there's no release date yet.

HP Recommended

i finally called the number they sent - and voice mail saying no one can take my call - lovely - 

for Jocelyn - you must be the admin for the windows 10 box - to uninstall ms updates - 

HP Recommended

I just did a chat session.  The rep is going to escalate it and I gave her a link to this thread to include.

Yes, at this time we do not have a fix for the issue that you are having. However, I will submit an escalation to our ePrint escalation team to ensure that our engineers are aware of the error that you are having and be sure that they are working to resolve this issue.

[...]

I will keep an eye on the escalation and I can follow up with you via email once I have received a response

HP Recommended

Hello Folks!

I have brought this issue to the attention of the appropriate team within HP and they are looking into the reports.  This escalation is in addition to those of you who have contacted chat support and have had their issue escalated.

If they need further information they may request it from you via a private message.  If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has the instructions.  

Please take a moment to reach HP's Privacy Policy at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/privacy.html .

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, everyone can't wait to get this fixed.

🙂

HP Recommended

I have the admin rights but just can't get it to uninstall.

HP Recommended

I had a version of e-print that worked fine.  My father doesn't have a computer and we live far apart so this way I can print things to his printer.  I can email with no problems as others have said.  I have a Windows Laptop with 64-bit system and the driver stopped working.  I downloaded the newer driver as everyone else mentioned and of course it is having the same problem as everyone else. 

Please fix this.  The whole reason we buy the HP Printers is for features like this.  This particular printer is an HP 6520.  He can scan and send me things still fine, though every few months that stops working sometimes for weeks. 

Thanks!

Beth

HP Recommended

Got a response from the chat person:

I have heard back from our ePrint escalation team.  I wanted to let you know that our engineers are working to have this issue resolved.  With that being said, uninstalling the update is the only workaround that is available at this time.

HP Recommended

Mine worked this morning!  Must be something they fixed on their end because I'm using the same version of HP ePrint.   So relieved, since I'm going on vacation this morning and needed this to work to send documents to our business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.