Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue.   Is there any resolution?

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Multiple printers in different offices that I use to print to but now it is not working since June 20th.

HP Recommended

HP emailed said call them - haven't yet- but unistalled the last ms windows 10 update and it works - this was a malicious software - update pushed out 6/20.

HP Recommended

I don't know why HP keeps saying to call them or whatever when it's clearly something they need to fix.

HP Recommended

Good find though Badaxe6.

HP Recommended

Uninstall  ms update 31363018 if you absolutely need to print remotely - (as i  do - office in one place - printer 3 miles away in shop) i'm openeing a case Monday with HP support- and will update 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Recently updated my laptop to Windows 10.  HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer (I have 2 of them at different locations).  HP ePrint worked fine in Windows 7.  I have no problems printing when I'm connected to the printer on the network.  Reinstalled HP ePrint + JetAdvantage, and get the same error when trying to register the HP ePrint driver with the HP ePrint service.  Waiting for a fix...

HP Recommended

I uninstalled KB3163018 (don't know why people are calling it 31363018) and registration works without even uninstalling and reinstalling the ePrint software.  This isn't a solution for us though because it's a Windows 10 cumulative update which means Windows will just reinstall it the next time it checks for updates and you can't put it off indefinitely.  HP needs to update their software to be compatible.

Anyway, consider it confirmed that the problem is between ePrint 5.1 and Windows 10 with KB3163018 installed.

HP Recommended

Sorr didn't see your last post- its definitely an hp issue - with new ms update

HP Recommended

Also having the same problem as everyone else, stopped working around the 20th June.

WHY ARE HP SO TERRIBLE AT HELPING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

I got a message to call them toll free, but i'm in the UK, so tried online chatting but support isn't supported for the product i have (HP Officejet 8600 all in one)

I'll try uninstalling the last windows 10 update and see if that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.