Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP7520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I purchased a used HP7520, because my existing 7520 stopped printing black. 

The new (to me) printer won't connect to webservices for setup.

The new printer prints and scans fine to my MAc via a wireless connection. I have the latest firmware: ELM1CN1409AR.

I have set a static IP address. I have the Google DNS addresses. The HP network config printout shows "connected"  for the internet.

I have tried setup of web services from the printer and from the browser interface with the same result 'Web services not enabled"

ANything else that I should try? Is it possible the printer was set up by the original ower with web services and that is why I can't reset it up?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I was incorrect about being the latest firmware version. A bug in the HP firmware update software prevented me from updating leading me to think I had the latest version. Cloud Services support did an excellent job forcing my printer to take a firmware update and now everything works. Kudo's to the cloud services team who were very diligent in spending close to an hour to correct this issue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @jimleo,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to enable web services on your printer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own.

Have you printed and reviewed the Print Network Configuration Page?

Have you tried to enable web services from the printer control panel?

Please print Network Configuration Page and check if all the test pass. 

To print the Network configure page. 

From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Setup.

Touch and drag your finger vertically to scroll through the options.

Touch Display Network Summary or Print Network Configuration Page.

To Enable Web services.

a. Touch the ePrint button on the control panel.

b. Accept the terms of use, and then follow the onscreen instructions to enable Web Services. The ePrint information sheet prints, containing a printer code.

c. Go to www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter, click the Sign In button, and then click the Sign-Up link at the top of the window that appears.

d. When prompted, enter the printer code to add your printer.

Touch ePrint on the control panel. From the Web Services Summary screen, get your printer's email address.

Compose and send email to your printer's email address from your computer or mobile device, anywhere and anytime. Both the email message and recognized attachments will print.

Refer to page number 23 in the printer manual. Click here for the printer manual. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for cloud services. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I was incorrect about being the latest firmware version. A bug in the HP firmware update software prevented me from updating leading me to think I had the latest version. Cloud Services support did an excellent job forcing my printer to take a firmware update and now everything works. Kudo's to the cloud services team who were very diligent in spending close to an hour to correct this issue. 

HP Recommended

@jimleo

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.