Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an officejet 8100. Is it possible to change the default printing preferences for eprint printing? E.g. I wanna change the default printing preferences such that it always print duplex by default. How do I do that?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, you can set the ePrint print settings for your printer by logging into your ePrintCenter account and clicking on the Printers tab. Your printer should be listed there and there will be a settings button on the left side of the screen. Clicking this will open a dialogue box and the middle tab is where you can set the print settings for ePrint printing on that printer. This is what it should look like. Unfortunately there is no option for setting duplex printing as the default.

Hope this helps.

ePrint Print Settings.PNG

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I want to change the default settings for a 8600 for eprinting from mobile device. On the web page for my account under the device there is no place to change the settings under the heading eprint preferences  It shows a warning symbol indicating for me to fix it at the printer front panal  there are no warnings on the front panel to idicate anything needs fixing. Any help. thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there, do you have an ePrintCenter or an HP Connected account? Most US and UK ePrintCenter accounts have migrated to HP Connected ones at this time and the option to set print settings does not exist now in HP Connected. The degree of control you have over print settings of jobs from mobile devices depends on the method you use to print.

Emailing a job to your printers ePrint email address 

When you use this method the print settings are applied as default by the ePrint service. Any image files will print out in colour and if your printer has a dedicated photo media tray they will automatically print to this tray. All b/w text documents will print in grayscale on A4. Web pages or text document with colour in them will print in colour.

Using the ePrint mobile print app when installed on your device

This method provides the greatest degree of control over print settings when printing from a mobile device. Settings include number of copies, colour mode, paper size, print quality and paper type.

Hope this information helps and post back if you would like any further assistance with print settings for your mobile print jobs.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus and the default eprint Options????

I changed the default print options on the old website HPePrintCenter after updating to this new website HP connected I can no longer have access to my default printer options. IT IS NOW STUCK ON GREY_SCALE+DUPLEX.

I DISLIKE having important functionality taken away from a expencive product after i Purchased it.

I want my account downgraded back to the ePrintCenter. I regret upgrading my account everytime i click print.
PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM>

Its a printer???? I don't understand why you would take away the ability to change the default print options???

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with installation of HP Officejet Pro 8100 N811

I have Windows 8.

I tried making the following changes using Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.

on site https://www.hpconnected.com 

The printer "eprint preferences" options are only 'change email address' and  'change access'.

There are no quality control options.

What I want to do:

Currently the printer only prints as 'best'.

I want to use 'draft' as default.

All that is available are the following:

ePrint Preferences

Set your ePrint Preferences

• Printer is Ready
ePrint Email Address

Email file attachments to this address to automatically print them on this printer.

myaddress@hpeprint.com
(change address)

ePrint Access

Currently anyone with this printer's email address can print to this printer.

Open to Anyone

(manage access)

HP Recommended

Hi there, if you want to control print settings for print jobs sent from mobile devices, the best way to do this is to download and use the HP ePrint mobile print app. This will allow you control many of the main settings including colour, paper size and type and print quality (best, draft or normal). Here is a link to more information on the app, including links to download from either iTunes app store or the Google Play store.

Just to clarify, print settings for all jobs sent to the printer from a PC/Mac are controlled from within the printer software installed on the computer.  

Hope this information helps.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

LISTEN.  You DON'T have solution to the problem!

The solution is not to send file by an iPhone or Android app.

I have a Blackerry. HP only has an enterprise app that can send to a commerical site like Staples or an enterprise HP server, NOT to a personal ePrint printer.

The whole idea of the ePrint is to send from ANY internet connected device, anything that can send an email .. tablet, PC, any internet connected smart phone ....

I DON'T want to have all the email's print attachement to use up a lot LOT OF INK on my HP 8100

When the ePrint Printer is connected to the internet it is alone. There is NO required connection to any local printer.  Therefore, if there is a local printer, it has no bearing on the situation for internet ePrint printing.  THERE ARE NO OPTIONS on the email to make those changes to print quality.

I DO WANT to control the ePrint printer to only print DRAFT.

AGAIN ... how TO DO THAT?

HP Recommended

Hi, when printing using the ePrint service via the printers email address there is no provision to set print settings. If the email attachment is a photo and the printer you are printing to has a photo media tray, the attachment will print to the photo media by default. If the attachment is a text document or a mixed colour and b/w document, it will print to the plain paper tray using normal print mode setting.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have recently purchased an HP AiO 4530 printer. I would like to change defaults to fast draft when eprinting.

There is no way to set this from hpconnected.com

I am aware that I am re-opening a 2 year old thread.

But I am in need of this solution.

Any ideas/workarounds.

Regards,

Manoj Nambiar

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.