Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4500
Chrome OS

I am using an HP chromebook with OS version 48.0.2564.109 and an HP Officejet 4500 printer connected to via the USB port. It uses HP Print for Chrome. The problem I am facing is that google sheets will not print in landscape when I use file dropdown or the little print button on the top left of the tool bar. I am given two windows for printer settings:

Screenshot 2016-02-15 at 10.00.25 AM.png

As you can see, landscape is selected. Once I click Print, I am taken to a second printer setting window:

Screenshot 2016-02-15 at 10.08.22 AM.png

The is no longer a way to select landscape, however the preview is in landscape (preview removed to protect the innocent) so it follows that the page would print in landscape. If you believe this to be true, you would be as wrong as I am. I have even tried saving it as a PDF and printing it that way, to no avail. The only way I can get it to print in landscape is to click on the hotdog button in the top right of the webpage:

Screenshot 2016-02-15 at 10.10.26 AM.png

then select print. The problem with this method is that it prints EVERYTHING, including rows, columns, toolbars, etc. Please someone help me.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I can reproduce the issue on my HP Chromebook 11 and OfficeJet 8610.

Set it once to Landscape, then the option disappeared in the second window.

Looking at the Chrome support site, there are many others frustrated by this issue:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/1CfP_i0ecOQ

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Yeah, that was the first thing I found when I did an internet search as well. It only provides a complicated series of work-arounds that I cant do, and its a fairly old thread. Earlier this year I was able to print in landscape just fine, after the time of that blog. I was hoping someone else knows what happened in between that time and this.

HP Recommended

Have you tried Lumin PDF viewer?

This will give you the option to print Landscape

HP Recommended

Yes I have tried to use Lumin, and with the same results. Sometimes with a brand new document it will give me the option of portrait or landscape, but never with a document that has been closed and reopened. I may be mistaken, but this leads me to believe the problem it with the chromebook/HP print app interface. Something is getting lost somewhere.

HP Recommended

I have not faced this error before, but from the past two months, I have the exact same problem. The orientation changes to Landscape on the print settings, but when it prints, it prints it as potrait.

I am not able to find an answer from the internet.

HP Recommended

+1 on this issue. A family member purchased a Chromebox at our suggestion and it works well for everything except printing to his workhorse HP laser printer. It simply cannot handle anything but a limited list of paper sizes (forget about envelopes) and it overrides the landscape orientation that the document has set up.

He tried it on a Windows machine and the identical document printed perfectly with no problems.

HP makes great laser printers; they last forever and work well, but if this one ever dies we'll have to get another brand.

HP Recommended

I've found that you can't print pdf in landscape only image files such as jpg or png.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.