Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Windows 7

Hi,

I'm trying to add my brand new HP Envy 4500 to my HP Connected Account, but when I enter the claim code, I get "The printer is already claimed. In order to claim this printer, its previous ownership must be deleted".  Looking through the forum, this appears to be a fairly common problem.  I've disabled / re-enabled web services to get a new claim code, but this just gives the same result.  I've even reset the printer to default and tried again.  This time, HP Connected reported that it had successfully registered my printer, but when I go to the devices tab of the web page I'm greeted with the "It looks like you haven't added any devices to your HP Connected Account" message.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm hoping to use HP's Instant Ink program, but unless I can add the printer to my account, I won't be able to.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to get this working eventually by registering a brand new user account with HP using a different email address.  Not an ideal solution (and seemingly not an uncommon one either) but at least it's working now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Fotherington

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I gather that after finally getting your new Envy 4500 printer added to your HP Connected account that the printer disappeared.

Are you still missing the printer?  If yes, please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.  Please choose the Instant Ink option when you call that way they can also get you setup with Instant Ink once the printer is showing in your HP Connected account. 

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I managed to get this working eventually by registering a brand new user account with HP using a different email address.  Not an ideal solution (and seemingly not an uncommon one either) but at least it's working now.

HP Recommended

Making a new account did not work for me 😕 .

HP Recommended

I just spent an hour on the phone with HP.  The fix was to "halfway" sign up for HP Instant Ink. https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/ don't finish (unless you want to) so you won't be actually signed up but it does add your printer to your HP account.  That way you can change the eprint email address which is all I wanted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.