Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Every time I go to Embedded Web Server on the internet.  I get this message below.

What is the problem with this page and certificate?

(There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to my homepage instead

Continue to this webpage (not recommended) )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You are entering the exact IP address for your printer into your browser, correct?  

For example:  http://192.168.1.25   Print your Network Configuration page to be sure.

If so, I'd either just proceed, or try another browser...  If you are going to some other strange address, beware!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You are entering the exact IP address for your printer into your browser, correct?  

For example:  http://192.168.1.25   Print your Network Configuration page to be sure.

If so, I'd either just proceed, or try another browser...  If you are going to some other strange address, beware!

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Network properities web page opens this when i click on it. i will try to change browsers.

thanks!!

HP Recommended

This is driving me nuts too.

I've had this printer for 2 or 3 years and don't really use it for much but every time I go to make sure the firmware and everything is up to date I get sucked into trying to figure this out. I'm a geek at heart.

The difference between what you are seeing on your screen and I am seeing on mine, is mine keeps asking me for a local server login and password. I have a password keeper with all my information in it and I just don't get it!? I have tried every password I have for HP accounts… No success.

If somebody could please tell me how to get into and access the Embedded Web Server I would appreciate it. I suppose getting to it is no issue, the issue is when I try to perform administrator tasks. I am the owner, it's in my home office I don't really need to access it, but I really want! to access it. Thank you

I'm using all up to date software on my MacBook Pro

HP Recommended

@JoeSkiTeam

Without telling us which of the thousands of HP printers you own, providing an answer is nearly impossible.

General instructions:

Be sure your printer is correctly connected to your network, either wirelessly or via Ethernet cable.  (USB cable to a computer will not work.)

Determine the exact IP address of the Printer the network has assigned.  Enter that address in a browser.

WyreNut

HP Recommended

8630 office jet pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.