Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please show me  what direction to insert an envelope into the manual feed in order to print correctly.

Bobbie D

HP Recommended

Hi BobbieD,

Thanks for the post.  Also, check this thread for other suggestions/recommendations:  Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-Printing-Software/Envelope-printing-on-P1102w/td-p/472901 

This is what is indicated in the documentation: 

Priority feed slot

The priority feed slot holds up to 10 sheets of media or one envelope, one transparency, or one sheet of labels or cardstock. Load media with the top forward and the side to be printed on facing up. To prevent jams and skewing, always adjust the side media guides before feeding the media.
The link to the document is below:

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Trying to figure out how to print an envelope using MS Word on a P1102w.  I keep getting the blinking attention light and the print job never makes it to the printer and instead cancels.  The manual doesn't even mention envelope printing.

I'm using Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Try changing the Printer Options to Manual Feed instead of AutoSelect.  That worked for me.  I have Office 2010.

rh

HP Recommended

Thanks...I did try this.  I'm thinking there is something wrong with the printer. 

HP Recommended

I have always been able to print envelopes on my 1102W printer, but recently for some reason ,it still prints but comes out like you need to replace the toner.  When I print a document, it comes out fine.   What's wrong?

HP Recommended

Hello Dublinmom,

Thanks for the post.  Which OS and which application are you using to print envelopes?  With this one, check the following link and basic priority feed steps.  Good Luck!

The priority feed slot holds up to 10 sheets of media or one envelope, one transparency, or one sheet of labels or cardstock. Load media with the top forward and the side to be printed on facing up. To prevent jams and skewing, always adjust the side media guides before feeding the media.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02011355

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Thank  you for the reply.  The operating system is Windows 7.  As I mentioned, the printing quality is bad only for envelopes.  Documents come out fine.  I have resorted to printing the envelopes using the HP Photosmart printer.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Yes, I believe from what you describe, this is a formatting issue.  Check this thread below (erh1954)  Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-Printing-Software/Envelope-printing-on-P1102w/td-p/472901

HP Recommended

Thank you again for the reply, but I don't think it's a formatting issue because I was able to print envelopes before.  The problem just started recently.  I don't even print envelopes that much, maybe 6 -10 in a year.  The envelopes feed fine.  It's just that they come out very light.  Thanks for all your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.