Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4504
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Been using my Envy without issue for nearly 2 years.  Then 2 weeks back, it won't print from either of our MacBookPros running Yosemite 10.10.5.   I can "see" the printer in the print page and in the Printer preferences, but when I try to print, it just hangs and says it cannot connect to the printer.   It also won't scan or even copy.  

I can print by sending the document to my email at hpeprint.com  - and have run all the diagnostics and all checks out fine. It is clearly connected to the same network, but just wont' talk to my laptops. 

Oddly, I can turn the Wireless off, then back on right away and can print just 1 document.  Then it won't connect again. 

I have tried all the remedies I can find online...  would be great to get printing again as we use it at our home offie and can't print anything!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ericliebman,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed that you cannot print, copy, or scan with your HP Envy 4504 printer. I am happy to help! 

What happens when you try to copy from the scanner glass? Do you see any error messages, on the printer? 

Are you using Genuine HP ink cartridges, or refills? 

In the meantime, please try a hard reset, by following the instructions in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector. 

Try printing again, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Thank you for posting! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ericliebman,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed that you cannot print, copy, or scan with your HP Envy 4504 printer. I am happy to help! 

What happens when you try to copy from the scanner glass? Do you see any error messages, on the printer? 

Are you using Genuine HP ink cartridges, or refills? 

In the meantime, please try a hard reset, by following the instructions in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector. 

Try printing again, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Thank you for posting! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Thanks! I'll give that a try and see how we go

And yes, we have the Instant Ink program
HP Recommended

Tried your hard restart and it worked!!   Thanks so much for your help!

Eric

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.