Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I dont believe HP designed this printer with this kind of "fix" to get a document to print that we have printed on other printer a few hundred times. I will predict that in the very near future they will let us know where they went wrong. I cannot remember how many HP printers I have bought over the past 15 years but I now have a B210, and a 5510 here and both work exceptionally well. I only bought this piece of junk to use their instant ink program, and so far, all I have accomplished is an instant and constant headache. I still believe an RMA is the solution.

HP Recommended

Ciera,

The link you sent did not work (it may have been truncated) but I struggled through and reinstalled my 5530 printer and I assume the best or newest or most appropriate driver was installed.  Please send me additional instructions on how to figure out what driver I have if you need more driver info.

We have a new problem.  The attached document is missing a vertical grid line as well as several horizontal lines.  I have marked the missing lines with a blue marker.

I previously posted a problem with the "fit to page" option on this printer.  It worked when I first installed the printer and then it didn't work.  I tried every setting I could think of to get this feature to work properly but to no avail.  Then one day it worked and I signed off on the issue...problem solved.  The next day the system failed again.  My point is that the software in this model is junk.  HP has made these features work flawlessly in every other printer it has made for decades. Please find someone in the organization who can get this printer up to HP standards.

Thanks

Badger66

Scan0004.jpg

HP Recommended

I have Excel 2013 now, HP envy 5530 won't print all of the horizontal grid lines. Looks like the example above. Didn't work correctly with the old printer HP D110 either. Correction, the old printer and new printer haven't worked correctly since using Windows 8. On the old computer with Windows 7, the D110 printed just fine.

Is it another snafu of Windows 8? Or is it the printers? My money is on Windows 8 being a big part of the problem. Way to go Microsoft!!!

HP Recommended

I have used 3 different versions of Excel all omit gridlines unless you chante the quality or add borders, I am using an HP210, and a 5520. both work just fine. As I said earlier in the thread, Open Office spread sheets pring all grids but they use a solid line grid. I finally found the perfect fix, its call an RMA and the Envy is now sleeping with HP once again. My new Brother is working fine.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Today Windows 7 ran a program to check for, down load and install software updates.  After rebooting my computer I notice a link to get more details on what software was updated.  I discovered that an update for my HP Envy printer was attempted, but the update FAILED.  Upon further investigation I determined that between 4/18/2014 and 5/3/2014 Windows tried 20 times to install the upgrade...all of which FAILED. 

Is it possible that someone at HP is working on the grid line issue but the upgrade package to fix the problem is improperly configured or has some sort of error that will not allow Window Update software to perform properly?  Do I have a bad Windows Update file?

The error that was reported was: WindowsUpdate_80070490

Does this help?

Badger66

HP Recommended

Thanks @Badger66

Let me pass that on to the Software folks and see what's happening

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Clara,

This is the second time in this thread that you've stated "pass on to the software folks."  Do these folks ever respond?  This has been an open problem for considerable time.  The lack of a cogent response indicates that this forum has limited value.

HP Recommended

@TOMBUG 

I hear your frustration. The feedback I'm hearing is to work around the problem by using a border style other than style 2 or to print in Best mode. I work within the Inkjet team but I assure that I have passed the details from this thread on to the SW team. As soon as I hear anything back I will let you know......

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Clara,

"Waiting to hear" doesn't produce results.  Have you followed up?  Have you pressed the issue?  BTW, a workaround isn't much more than than an excuse for not fixing the problem itself.

HP Recommended

I have become totally disgusted with this thread and the worthless customer service that HP offers by way of India. I have long since gave up on their worthless hunk of junk (Envy 5530) and returned it by way of an RMA and moved on to Brother. I wasted about 3 hours with chats and phone conversations with unknowledgeable  HP service pretenders from outsourced venues in some foreign places with helpless  desk jockies that cannot be accused of speaking inteligble english. If you force them from their programmed responses they are lost and you will soon be disconnected. I am still waiting for a returned phone call as promised over 3 weeks ago. I must misunderstand what they meant when I was told this problem would be escalated to a higher lever for an much quicker resolution. Good luck with this. I do know how frustrated you must feel, I gave up so not much left for me to say.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.