Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Actually, we know about the "Best" option. Our complaint is that we want to get grid lines while using less ink with the "Draft" option (or whatever the lower-quality option is - I don't recall now, having turned in my HP). We (or at least I)  don't want to use up all the ink just to print practice or non-production graphs.

HP Recommended

Problem Solved!!!!! Yay!! :OpenSmile:

Thank you!! This worked and I appreciate you posting the fix. I'm using Win7 with Excel 2013 and have been having this problem since purchasing an Envy 5530 a few months ago. It would print some of the gridlines but usually not all of the vertical lines. (Never had this prob with my old HP Photosmart)

I was replying to a prior post where the poster's daughter taught Excel to 8th graders... this worked for me: Highlight print area, right click, format cells, click outline & inside, Ok and then print.

Some of my gridlines were printing before but not all of the vertical ones and It had been driving me crazy for months... this worked!!

HP Recommended

Finally a solution!  Many thanks for solving this problem for us.

HP Recommended

No need for all the highlighting, formatting, clicking, etc.  Just print in Best Mode.

HP Recommended

I have a wirelss HP 5530 piece of junk I have installed re installed and still cant get it to connect to my wireless Willl never buy another wireless so trying to hook it up with USB now

HP Recommended

Hi

I bought an HP ENVY 5532 a couple of days ago.

I am having problems with printing gridlines in Excel.  Sometimes horizontal lines disappear and sometimes vertical lines appear.

This occurs whether I print via wifi AND by usb.

Can anyone offer a simple solution?

HP Recommended

I had the same (and other) problems with my Envy 5530 and am the original auther of this thread.  The only solution offered was to upgrade the ink setting from "normal" to "best".  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi

Yes, that worked, but of course its slower and uses more ink.

I'm new to this message board idea.  I thought I would post it as all the other messages having the problem related to printing via wifi.  As Ii had the same problem using USB I thought it might be useful.

HP Recommended

Have had the same trouble . Use printer set at Best for grid lines on excel . Change back to normal for everything else . It otherwise just goes too fast for its own good .

HP Recommended

Yup, this is what we are stuck with.  I junked my Envy 5530 and purchased a HP Officejet 5740 only to discover that printer HAS THE SAME PROBLEM!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.