Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I installed new drivers where they were bad, but it still shows: Ink system has failed. Unable to print. Refer to printer documentation. Error 0xc18a0001. Turn power off, then on again.

When I turn it off and on again, I get the same message. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Wainwright, you may need another print head with that error code message. I would contact HP Total Care (1800-474-6836) and check to see if your printer or printhead is in warranty, and it could be replaced.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi stresssing,

I've found this site with some solutions to fix your error:
Good luck !
HP Recommended

my printer have an error code plz help me error code oxc18a0001

HP Recommended

Please help me.

I'm useing HP Photosmart 3210a all-in-one printer.

This printer has error "0xc18a0001".

When I was changed the Black ink, this printer has trouble.  

What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hope you a having a great day and very sorry to learn that you are havnig this issue.

I am reaching out to probe if you still experience this issue. If you are,  I will do my best to assist you.

This article will guide to the steps that will take care of this issue if the issue can be fix by troubleshooting

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

If you are not experiencing this issue any longer, I will appreciate if you can take I little bit of your time and let me know.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

@134 wrote:

my printer have an error code plz help me error code oxc18a0001

HP Recommended

The fix at

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

would not clear the HP error message 0xc18a0001 on my cherished HP printer D7460.

Simon

HP Recommended
Wainwright, you may need another print head with that error code message. I would contact HP Total Care (1800-474-6836) and check to see if your printer or printhead is in warranty, and it could be replaced.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

A new print head from HP will cost more that a new printer as you well know. Strange then your motivation for suggesting it, as is you motivation for suggesting a warranty soloution, as you are probably also aware that these issues only occur out of warranty.   Never mind your 'helpfull' advice creates the illusion of concern at HP.

What I want to know is how to purge the ink system on this device.

Or is this error message just programmed failure?

HP Recommended
HP support has different options for printers and printheads. If eligible, you can get FREE print head or discounted price on another printer.

Also, this error message can be printhead failure, or it can be a sensor in the printer that has gone out. First you change the printhead and see if issue is resolved. If not, then it would be the printer needs replacing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.