Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I fixed my HP Photosmart 3210 twice in the last 2 years by going on the website & followed the procedures for resetting my HP printer. Most recently it showed this error:   HP error message 0xc18a0001

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-2/

Corporate Computer Tech News is the website

I am happy to say I am up & running again!!!!!!    Good Luck!!!

Warren G.

HP Recommended

Press and Hold the "Print Photos" &"Red Eye Removal" buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say"Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release in sequence"Red Eye Removal","Print Photos","Red Eye Removal"
  Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0616R)
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu
  Press and release the "OK" button. should move to  "hardware failure status
  Press OK to clear.  Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
Can either : Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears.  DO NOT ENTER INITIALIZE INK SYSTEM otherwise you'll have a bear of a time resetting while it asks for "Initial Host Ink Cartridges"
 Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
 Wait 30 seconds and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
Turn the unit on. should see something like "Initializing Printer"
1) Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain, white paper into the input tray.
2) Make sure that the printer is on and loaded with unused plain, white paper.
3) Press Setup . The Setup menu appears.
4) Press the down arrow button to select Tools , and then press OK .
5) Press the down arrow button to select Self-test Report , and press OK . The self-test report prints.
If that didn't work and you can't print test page
Go back into the system menu / type the code / arrow over until you see "Print Tests Menu" likely the next one after System Config.  Select OK / should show something like Nozzle Test/  select OK.  Then cancel out all the way to the front and this should force the print test.

Printer should clear / print a photo just to make sure ink is flowing

HP Recommended

what does trhat mean?

HP Recommended

Yay, just fixed my error message and I hope this will help someone out. I'm using the HP photosmart 3210 all in one printer.
I got the error code as well with the ink system failure.
I followed the directions according to one of the forums but realized I did it wrong. It instructed to hold down the "OK, Cancel, Black, AND Color" button at the same time, and turn off the printer. Wait for it to turn off. Then turn it on again, and repeat. 2 times total. The person who posted that literally meant to hold on to all 4 of those buttons and turn it off at the same time.

I don't know about everyone else but I can't hold down those 4 buttons and press the "On" button at the same time. So I told my toddler to come in and press that Power button for me while I'm holding on to the other 4. It works! It's printing again.

I should also add that after the 2nd time you turn it on, it's going to make that maintenance sound for around 2 minutes or so and there you go

HP Recommended

Have been looking for answers to similar issues. My HP C 7280 lasted me 14 yrs (even with the abuse of using "expired" ink. I was wondering how (or if) you resolved your problem. I am still looking for a keypad code to enter or even a physical switch somewhere to reset to bypass the error message -- the same error message that you entered in your post back in 2012. This printer doesn't owe me anything but I really hate to lose it. It is like throwing out an old pair of sneekers... boo hoo. Tom 2-18-2016

HP Recommended

Re: HP C 7280 with "Ink Flow" error, well SOMEONE somewhere here solved my problem and I am up printing again.  Did all sorts of cleaning... cartrages, ink hoses, and even print head. (There are interesting You Tube videos available). STILL kept getting same error message. Decided to look for a by-pass code and FOUND IT HERE!!! Has to do with... press * then # at same time. Release in reverse order. Enter 1, 2, 3  watch screen and follow directions. I don't want to copy and paste someone elses work. It is on this site somewhere. If I can once again find this tech guy...Kudos and accolades!!! Thank you. Tom 2-18-2016

HP Recommended

I also find these error in my Hp Printer . I got stuk in it and i dont have much knowldge to solve thers kind of errors . go for this link may be you get some solutions ... HP Printer errors solutions

HP Recommended

This solution reactivated my printer.  I malfunctioned after a paper jam that had been preventing the full travel to the left for the print cartrage on the track.

HP Recommended

Ink System Failure

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.