Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
Android 5.0 Lollipop

When my HP wireless Printer changed it's IP Address on the router I ended up with 2 printers listed in the HP Printer Plugin but the old IP addressed printer was now Greyed out and I need to delete it.

Everytime the printer changes IP address (Because the router reboots and re-assigns IP Addresses) I will end up with another new printer listed and another old printer which is greyed out.

I've tried clearing the data and cache of the HP plugin but this doesn't work.

Here's a screen shot showing the two printers listed.

Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-51-29-305.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The latest update to the HP Printer plugin has resolved this issue completely. There's now an option where you can delete printers.

So I don't need to ring your support team. But thank you, It's all sorted now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @PeterCardiff,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are trying to remove extra copies of your printer from the HP Print Service Plug-in.

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling the Plug-in, I have not found a way to remove the printers. I would like to suggest setting a manual IP address on the 8500. This way when the router reboots, it should assign the printer the same IP address.

Assigning Your HP Printer a Static IP Address

The video is for newer printers, but once in the EWS (Embedded Web Server) you should be able to click on the Network tab and then go down the left hand column and select networking or network address IP.

So my idea is to set the static/manual IP address then uninstall and reinstall the Print Service Plug-in. This way you will only have one printer listed and when the router reboots the printer will tell the router to assign it the same IP address.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply @Aardvark1

I have set my printer with a static IP address to stop it getting re-assigned on reboot of the router. This should stop any problems in the future.

But I still have two printers listed in the plug in EVEN after I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin they are STILL THERE.

How can I remove the old printer?

HP Recommended

Please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.  If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The latest update to the HP Printer plugin has resolved this issue completely. There's now an option where you can delete printers.

So I don't need to ring your support team. But thank you, It's all sorted now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.