Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Chrome OS

Yesterday my Chromebook recognized my printer.  Today it does not.  I turned off both the Chromebook and Printer and was unable to print something displayed on my computer. Although the printer is reconized when I go into Settings, I am still unable to print just that page and nothing else.  I may need instructions to reconnect (even though the Chromebook recognizes the printer to some minor degree).

I appreciate any and all assistance.

Acemifi

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Acemifi

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that you are having problems with Google Cloud Print.

I would like to help.

Goto google.com/cloudprint. From here you should see a printers option on the left hand side. 

Select this, then choose your 8600. You should have an option to remove the printer.

Once the printer is gone, choose add a cloud ready printer.

Select the appropriate brand.

You will be prompted for the first half of your printers ePrint address.

If you do not recall the ePrint address, touch the ePrint icon on your 8600.

8600 plus eprint.jpg

HP also has a department especially for Cloud related issues.

Please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hours:

Mon-Fri. 8am - 11pm, Sat. 9am-8pm - EST
Mon-Fri. 7am - 10pm, Sat. 8am-7pm - CST
Mon-Fri. 6am - 9pm, Sat. 7am-6pm - MST
Mon-Fri. 5am - 8pm, Sat. 6am-5pm - PST

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi @Aardvark1

Please HELP, I'm having trouble connecting my HP Office Pro 8600. I've tried EVERYTHING & don't know what's wrong. My printer is connected to everything... but my Chromebook isn't recognizing my printer!!! 

I have a brain tumor & have alot of trouble reading things correctly. I've had this printer for almost 4 years & don't understand what's wrong so if you can explain or help me connect in the easiest way possible I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thank you for prompt attention to my dilemma :Crying:

Thanks

HP Recommended

Have you installed the "HP Print" app from the Chrome Web Store onto your ChromeBook?

This app works very well with my 8600 and ChromeBook 11.

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi @Shiann,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues installing the HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Operating System installed on the PC? Is this Windows/Mac/Chromebook

Do you remember what is the exact error message that you get while installing the printer drivers?

Please respond to this post with the details of the Operating system so that I can provide you with the exact steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.