Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just recently bought the HP ENVY 120 printer and set everything up. It is connected to a wireless internet and when I print out the wireless network test results everything passes and the signal quality is excellent. Then I go to start up the ePrint and automatic updates and it always comes up saying "Server Connection Error" and below " Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again or enter a proxy address". If anybody knows how to solve this problem please help.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there, the solution proposed in this thread seems to have worked for other forum users with what sounds like the same problem http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/server-connection-er...

Best of luck and feel free to post back if still having the problem.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I get the same message when I try to scan to an email address, "Server Connection Error etc"

This used to work, but suddenly stopped. I looked at setting a DNS address of 8.8.8.8 as it says on another thread, but there doesn't seem to be any way of editing this particular field.

The printer connects to Web Services for software updates, but not for scanning

I dont have a manual for the router btw - it was provided by my ISP.

John

HP Recommended

have tried all the fixes and listed and keep getting the same error message when  click to accept terms for web services.it says unable to connect to web services  and asks to confirm internet access, which is working. it was all working two weeks ago and have no idea what has chnged now. very frustrating!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.