Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4522
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

A few months ago I installed my printer and it worked perfectly on both devices : Lenovo laptop Y700 (Windows 10) and Nexus 5 (Android). 

As far as I know there haven't been any changes with the computer, apart from those very frustrating mandatory Windows updates. The last time I printed something with the laptop was a few weeks ago and everything went fine. This afternoon, it is asking for my network key and it won't accept my Wifi password.

Everything is fine and prints without any issue when I use the smartphone.

I've re-configurated the wifi network directly on the printer but it hasn't made a difference.

I haven't changed internet provider. 

Can anyone please enlighten/help me?

Thanks!

Marilyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Merlin999,

Thanks for showing interested in the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're able to print from your Android device, but not from the Windows 10 computer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like there is an IP address conflict with the computer or there is a print driver problem. Windows Updates can cause changes with print drivers.

Please confirm that the printer and computer are the on the same network. 

Tips for successful network configurations:

• How old is the router? Update the router's firmware.
  • Do not hide the SSID (network name).
  • Do not use a guest network (SSID).
  • Use a unique network name (SSID).
  • What encryption type are you using? HP recommends WPA and WPA2.
  • Make sure you have 802.11g enabled.
  • The printer cannot connect to the 5.0 GHz network. If you have a dual-band router, the 2.4 GHz network name should not be the same as your 5.0 GHz network name. Rename the 5.0 GHz network.
  • Enable DHCP.
  • Avoid using Mac Address Filtering on the router.
  • Change the router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, which has less traffic.
  • Do you have a switch or an additional router?
  • What is the signal strength?

If the issue persists, please follow the steps from this Post of mine.

You could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port. 
To do this, you will need your printer's current IP address. The Network Configuration page shows the network settings for the product. To Print this page; Press the Network button on the product control panel.

Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:
1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.
3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.
4. Click on the Add Port... button.
5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it otherwise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.
6. Click the New Port... button.
7. Click Next > button in the wizard.
8. Enter your printer's current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.
9. Click Next > button in the wizard.
10. Click the Finish button.
11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window, you should be able to close it. Then Click Apply and OK in the Properties Window. 
12. Try to print to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, try installing your printer using the Windows Built-in Solution.

• What were the results?

If the issue persists, we will need to cleanly remove and reinstall the software and drivers. 

• Follow the steps from this Post by my colleague @X-23.
  • Click here to download and install the HP ENVY 4520 series Full Feature Software and Drivers. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Merlin999,

Thanks for showing interested in the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're able to print from your Android device, but not from the Windows 10 computer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like there is an IP address conflict with the computer or there is a print driver problem. Windows Updates can cause changes with print drivers.

Please confirm that the printer and computer are the on the same network. 

Tips for successful network configurations:

• How old is the router? Update the router's firmware.
  • Do not hide the SSID (network name).
  • Do not use a guest network (SSID).
  • Use a unique network name (SSID).
  • What encryption type are you using? HP recommends WPA and WPA2.
  • Make sure you have 802.11g enabled.
  • The printer cannot connect to the 5.0 GHz network. If you have a dual-band router, the 2.4 GHz network name should not be the same as your 5.0 GHz network name. Rename the 5.0 GHz network.
  • Enable DHCP.
  • Avoid using Mac Address Filtering on the router.
  • Change the router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, which has less traffic.
  • Do you have a switch or an additional router?
  • What is the signal strength?

If the issue persists, please follow the steps from this Post of mine.

You could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port. 
To do this, you will need your printer's current IP address. The Network Configuration page shows the network settings for the product. To Print this page; Press the Network button on the product control panel.

Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:
1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.
3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.
4. Click on the Add Port... button.
5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it otherwise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.
6. Click the New Port... button.
7. Click Next > button in the wizard.
8. Enter your printer's current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.
9. Click Next > button in the wizard.
10. Click the Finish button.
11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window, you should be able to close it. Then Click Apply and OK in the Properties Window. 
12. Try to print to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, try installing your printer using the Windows Built-in Solution.

• What were the results?

If the issue persists, we will need to cleanly remove and reinstall the software and drivers. 

• Follow the steps from this Post by my colleague @X-23.
  • Click here to download and install the HP ENVY 4520 series Full Feature Software and Drivers. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.