Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, we are back to the same issue again.  The printer has been working since we assigned it a manual IP address, as you suggested and yesterday it stopped once more.  When we try to set up again, it cannot see any device, despite being connected to our wireless. 

HP Recommended

Hello, @ccimei

Hope you are well 🙂

Did you check the IP address of the printer? Touch the wireless icon on the printer and see if it displays an IP address.

Also, try a network power drain to fix this issue. Here are the steps:

·         Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

·         Wait for 2-3 minutes.

·         Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

·         Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

·         Then turn on the printer and other devices.

Let me know if that helps!​​​​​​​

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, the network drain seemed to work!

HP Recommended

Hello, @ccimei

Glad to know that it helped you fix the issue!

Please try this step first to troubleshoot any PC, printer related issues 😉

If you have any troubles in future, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the EXACT  problem.

I have tried powering of router, iphone, MAC but no luck.

One of the suggestions was to enter the IP address into a browser on the MAC to obatin the EWS. When I enter the address (192.168.0.50) the browser displays an error that the page cannot be found. Because of this issue I cannot progress any further with your suggestions.

I have the HP Smart app on my iPhone (iOS 11). When I try to connect using this it gets to the very last stage and then gives up with 'cannot find any printers'. And yet the wifi is correctly configured on the printer with the correct name, etc etc. So the printer is able to connect to the network but my MAC nor my Iphone can't see the printer.

On the MAC I'm using HP Easy Start (2.7.0). My Mac is running OSX 10.10.5.

Hope you can help! Thank you

HP Recommended
Hi
I followed your instructions and it helped to print from iPad. Unfortunately, now my Mac don’t see the scanner... it’s connected to my Mac but it sees it just as a printer not a multitask devise (scanner and printer). So now I can print but can’t scan. What can I do to be able to do both?? Any ideas??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.