Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5640
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi all, ran into a problem with my printer at the weekend where it lost it’s Wi-Fi connection. It has done this a few times before but a power off and on normally cured it. But this time that didn’t work, reading through other similar topics and solutions doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.

So far I’ve done

Powered off/on printer, router, computer (win 8.1)

Deleted wifi settings, re-entered details – get no network detected.

Installed latest software on computer and connected (and can print) via USB and sent the wifi settings via USB but still no network detected.

At one stage I got option to run network test and the result page had

Wireless On – Pass

Wireless working – Fail

Signal quality –Not run

I don’t even think the printer is a year old but cannot find receipt to verify it’s under warrenty, so appreciate it if could be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
That's what I wanted you to do. Unfortunately, your wireless radio has failed. If under warranty call HP for service.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Ut oh, not good. Looks like the Wireless Radio has failed. Try resetting the printer back to Network Defaults and get the printout again and post.
HP Recommended

Cleared settings and printed a report

HP Recommended
Last thing to try is for you to use the front panel and try to Enable the Wireless Radio. Let us know.
HP Recommended

I’m not certain what you mean. I’ve turned the wireless on and off using the printers touch screen, only thing I notice is when turned off the flashing blue wireless LED stops flashing turn wireless on again it starts flashing again but never goes solid.

HP Recommended
That's what I wanted you to do. Unfortunately, your wireless radio has failed. If under warranty call HP for service.
HP Recommended

Okay. Thanks for your assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.