08-18-2012 08:03 AM
I cant get the e-print option working on my printer,
I get a server connection Error,
Unable to connect and try again or enter a proxy adddress,
08-20-2012 10:29 AM
Sorry that you are having that problem. The first thing I would try is the power cycles the router and the printer. Turn of the printer and then unplug the power cord from the back of the router, wait about 10 seconds, then plug the modem and the router back in and wait for it to start up completely. Then turn the printer back on wait for its signal to come back and attempt to connect to web services again.
If this does not work we will want to try to set up a static DNS from the printer’s embedded web server (EWS). To open the EWS:
- Open an Internet browser on a computer on the same network as the printer and type in the IP address of the printer in the very top address bar then press enter.
- Then on that EWS, locate the tab at the top labeled “Network” then click IPv4 under wired or wireless, depending on the connection, if it is Ethernet; make sure to choose wired.
- From there you can set a static IP address for the printer, as well as a manual DNS too.
- To get the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway info, print the network configuration page (found under your wireless menu icon>> display network configuration), you can just look at that info there too). For the IP address, just enter the same IP address used to open the embedded web server.
- For the Static DNS, select the radial to Manual and enter 220.127.116.11 for the Primary DNS and 18.104.22.168 for the Alternate DNS then click Apply Read the next message that appears carefully before clicking “OK” some times that it letting you know you can undo those changes you just made, and you want to avoid undoing them right after setting them.
- Now go back to the printer and soft cycle it by powering down by the button wait 20-30 seconds and turn printer back on. After printer goes idle after starting up process is complete, reattempt to connect to web services.
08-20-2012 10:29 AM
Welcome to the HP forums;
Try to perforn this steps they should help. Clearing your internet cache, Internet history and Cookies, restarting the computer and trying again If this does not fix it try another Browser to see if there lies the issue. if your issue is not solved post again with any relevant information and/or changes. I will do everything I can to assist you with this problem.