Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried what you said to do and all I get on the screen is

Sever connection error

Unable to9 connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet Access and try again or enter a proxy address.

I am connected to the internt.I print wirelessly from my iphone and ipad. This makes is driving me mad. I got rid of the last HP printed I had because there was a glitch in the printer software and I couldn't scan anytning .

Well this is not much better. And obviously there are a lot of ohter people with the same problem too.

HP Recommended

I have been able to print from my computer, but cannot get printer to scan and send to emial (or send ot USB for that matter). I followed directions about the IP address and the DNS server, and tried to scan again, and got the same error:

"Server Connection Error" unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again or enter a proxy address"

I've checked the wireless connection and printed the test page - everything seems fine. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant scan. Help, please!!

HP Recommended

I have been able to print from my computer and phone (although, my husband can't say the same, unfortunately), but Icannot get printer to scan and send to emial (or send ot USB for that matter). I followed directions about the IP address and the DNS server, and tried to scan again, and got the same error:

I've checked the wireless connection and printed the test page - everything seems fine. I try to enable the web services on the printer (accept terms and say "yes" to turn on auto update,. Printer says it's checking for updates, and then I get this message:

"Server Connection Error" unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again or enter a proxy address"

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant enable the web services! I need to scan something. Help, please!!

HP Recommended

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED.  I STILL KEEP GETTING UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WEB SERVICE.  MY PRINTOUT TO CHECK CONNECTION SHOWS PASS.

HP Recommended

THAT WAS FOR SCAN ATTEMPT.  WHEN I TRY TO PRINT I GET "PRINTER IN ERROR STATE"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.