Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Honestly, that is what I did too (IE10 looked too much like Chrome and I was getting them mixed up at times).  I have never liked toolbars (especially the Bing Bar).  I shared the same frustrations as you all and was hopeful for a more solid answer than the one I was given but it made sense to me since I actually prefer Google Chrome anyway.  I was happy to search high and low for you all and glad to at least get a response.  As always, thank you all for you patience and understanding.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I was looking at Google CHROME and noticed that the SmartPrint extension is revision 2.1.0.240 dated April 17, 2013!  I added it to Chrome and it replaced the version ...235 in the IE10 Add Ons.  The ..240 version does now work with IE10!!  Some functions are still screwy but it does not have the double images and you can now print the selected area. SmartPrint still causes IE10 to display an error message about stopping unexpectedly when exiting.

Why were we not notified of this update that fixed most of the problems??

HP Recommended

OOPS!!

I acted in haste in reporting about the Version 2.1.0.240 April 17, 2013 working with IE10!  I was actually so excited about find that there was a new version that I did not realize that the computer I was using was still running IE9. I have not been able to find a way to download the V..240 directly to IE10 so I do not know if it fixes the problems! The SmartPrint web page has a broken link.

HP Recommended

I was not aware of the newer version either.  I will gladly upgrade back to IE10 and install Smart Print again to report my experience when I have the time while I anxiously await if this helps you too.  Are you saying the updated version is still having problems in IE9? Also, is it that after you installed it in IE9 it still has problems in IE10?  

I will also look into this broken link. I hope this updated version helps!

HP Recommended

Discount every thing I posted.  I was mistaken about what I thought was correct.  I had not tried Google CHROME before and when I added the SmartPrint extension I noticed that it showed an recently (April 17, 2013) updated version 2.1.0.240. Evidently that version is for CHROME only.  I cannot find a place to download it for IE10.  This at least indicates that HP is still actively working on SmartPrint although they may not be addressing the IE10 problems. Since SP seems to work okay with Chrome, I intend to use it instead of IE10!

I did have problems with SP using IE9.  It frequently produced an error message when exiting that stated that Internet Explorer has stopped unexpectedly.

HP Recommended

You have been working so diligently on this. I really hope this newer version is a sign of good things to come (progress).

HP Recommended

Same problem here!!!  Installed IE 10 and blooie, away went Smart Print.  C'mon HP, get it together...

HP Recommended
ME NEITHER! I HATE TOOLBARS. I HATE TOOLBARS! I HATE TOOLBARS!!!
HP Recommended

HPSPSetup.msi puts a little button in the small Toolbar where the Home and Print buttons, Page, Safety and Tools are.  I spent ages writing a self critical update, but lost that when I decided to prove Smart Print worked when I pressed that button.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/smartprint/uk/en/smart.html?jumpid=ex_r602_uk/en/hho/ipg/xx-mu-aw_chev/sma... and press the "Activate Smart Print Now"button

HP Recommended

I can't believe it!!! Smart Print 2.2 is now working in IE 10.  I had given up - thank you for letting us know about this!  I don't have a "little button" showing up in the small toolbar area, however.  HP Smart Print 2.2 shows up only in the Tools menu.  Thanks again, minglesfield!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.