Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having problems with my HP B110 printer. I recieved it just under a week ago and set it up and it worked perfectly fine. I came to use it the day after and it was failing to print and when trying to print the eprint page from the printer it is saying server connection problem.I looked online and HP said to diable wireless and then reconnect, I did this and it momentarily worked. Now it is not working again and is rather annoying! I think the IP address for the printer is a bad one: starts - 169: 254. Someone said about changing it but can someone put this in simple terms of how to do this! Please can you help as I need to print things asap. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey psaila89,

I am sorry that you are having this issue with your printer.

Try these steps to resolve the issue.

1. Disable wireless again.

2. Reconnect to the network.

Now you can follow these steps to ensure that the printer stays connected to the network.

1. Find your printer's IP address by printing a network configuration page.

2. Type you IP address into the address bar of your web browser.

3. Click on the network tab at the top of the page.

4. Look at the left hand side and click IPv4 under wireless.

5. Change the IP settings to Manual.

6. Enter the printer's IP address, your subnet mask, and your routers IP address or default gateway in the spaces.

7. Set the Preferred DNS to 8.8.8.8.

8. Set the Alternate DNS to 8.8.4.4.

9. Click apply.(You may need to refresh the page if it says processing for longer than a min and click apply again.)

10. Now enable Web Services.

11. ePrint should work now and stay connected.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.
HP Recommended

Trying to follow instructions in the second post

@Btek wrote:

Hey psaila89,

I am sorry that you are having this issue with your printer.

Try these steps to resolve the issue.

1. Disable wireless again.

2. Reconnect to the network.

Now you can follow these steps to ensure that the printer stays connected to the network.

1. Find your printer's IP address by printing a network configuration page.

2. Type you IP address into the address bar of your web browser.

3. Click on the network tab at the top of the page.

4. Look at the left hand side and click IPv4 under wireless.

5. Change the IP settings to Manual.

6. Enter the printer's IP address, your subnet mask, and your routers IP address or default gateway in the spaces.

7. Set the Preferred DNS to 8.8.8.8.

8. Set the Alternate DNS to 8.8.4.4.

9. Click apply.(You may need to refresh the page if it says processing for longer than a min and click apply again.)

10. Now enable Web Services.

11. ePrint should work now and stay connected.

however when I put IP address into browser it times out.  The internet is working.  I have entered command and I caqn ping the IP address.  I disabled firewall (win 7) and antivirus (AVG) with no success.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Oconnorrussell,

Your printer may be connected to the network as seen by pinging the printer but it may not be connected to the Web.

1. Try restoring network defaults on the printer.

2. Connect the printer back to the network.

3. Print a network configuration page.

4. Type the IP address in the network configuration page into the address bar in the web browser.

5. You should get the web page for the printer(Embedded Web Server/EWS).

6. If you still do not get that page, try power cycling the printer and the router.

7. Restore network defaults on the printer.

8. Turn the printer off and unplug it.

9. Unplug the router without pushing any buttons on it.

10. Leave everything off for 1 minute.

11. Plug the router back in and wait for one minute.

12. Plug the printer in and turn it on.

13. Reconnect the printer to the network.

14. Print the network configuration page.

15. Try entering the new IP address into the address bar of your Web Browser.

I hope this works for you.

Let me know if it does not.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.
HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions, however when I hit the reply button I get the following message:

An error has occurred. (wipv4Page-400)

Click "OK" to go back.

I have tried refreshing the webpage and the settings have defaulted back to automatic.  I have also tried letting the configuration Suggest a Manual IP Address but the same problem.  I have so far been unable to find any instructions in how to set a static ip address on the printer itself?  Can you help??!!
HP Recommended

Try restoring first the network defaults on the printer after doing so, turn off the printer and the router for a couple of minutes. Turn on the router-modem and then wait until it completely restarted. then the printer, reconnect the printer to network.

Keep us posted.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply... I had tried all that prior to trying to set a manual IP address but the printer keeps resetting the IP address every time it's switched off 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.