Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP7250 All in One

I use the HP7250 wireless printer.  I have had it for about 1 year.  I use it to print from my chromebook, android phone, windows PC, and Linux.  Has worked great from very begining.  It even prints recipies from AllRecipies.com via WebServices on a weekly basis.

All of a sudden it just stopped working.    Now when i try to reconfigure Web Services it is saying it cannot get connected to the internet.   Nothing has not changed on my network.  I even captured a log on my firewall to see packets going to HP addresses from printer when connecting.

Any thoughts on how to get it working again?  I have googled but nothing really seems to help.

thank you

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to get both Google Clode print and now the HP Print.

HP print did not find the print automatically on my nework.  I mannually addred IP address and it works.  I will see which i like best.  THank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

From your Windows PC install the latest firmware below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Photosmart-7520-e-All-in-One-Printer-se...

Now restart the printer and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

according to HP Support Assistant, the printer is uptodate and and are no updates available.   I just reran, restarted and restried.  No changes.

Here is the current Firmware Revision: ELM1CN1434BR

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the firmware from the link above or by using this direct link instead:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ps7520/PS_7520_R1607A.exe

Version ELM1CN1607AR is later than your current firmware and should resolve the problem.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks fro the help so far.  I added the correct firmware and Web Services installed.      The printer is web connected and has its own email address.  

I am now trying to register for Google Cloud printing.  From my Chrome Browser/Advanced Setteings/Manage Printers,  I do not see the printer.  It is online and connected to the same network. 

THank you for the help.  WHen i first set this up -- it all worked seemlessly -- not sure what i am doing wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

Great to see that Web Services are now up and running!

While you may use Google Cloud Print, HP Print for Chrome provide a more simple solution those days:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Be sure to install the addon from the Chrome Web Store, than you may select your printer once both the printer and your Chromebook are connected to the same network.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I was able to get both Google Clode print and now the HP Print.

HP print did not find the print automatically on my nework.  I mannually addred IP address and it works.  I will see which i like best.  THank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.