Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 2645
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I really wish that someone can give me solution on how to print wirelessly from my android to my deskjet 2645.

I have buy a print server (option globesurfer x.1), and i can print wirelessly from my laptop.

But when i want to print from my android, it cannot detect my printer. I already installed hp plugin service, and using some third party printer share software, but none can detect my printer.

Is there any solution ? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

After you download and install the HP print plugin you will also need to enable it within your setting. Check that it has been enabled with settings to see if this helps.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I have already turned on HP print plugin in setting.

I already connected my HP 2645 printer (deskjet) to print server(globesurfer x.1)

I can already print from my laptop wirelessly to my printer.

But i cant add or find my printer from HP print plugin service add-on.

Is there any other alternatives or is there something i am missing?

I currently tried google cloudprint service and it worked, but I need to have my laptop turned on for this to be working.

Sorry if i have many questions.

I dont want to replace my printer with newer one, because my deskjet 2645 is still working fine. It will be perfect if only I can use it to print wirelessly from my printer.

Or is there another solution or add-on hardware suggestion?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally how you would setup wireless printing from a smartphone is to connect both the printer and smartphone to the same wifi network and then use the HP ePrint app or the plugin to print.

You mention being connected to a print server (globesurfer x.1) and i'm not sure what this is.

When I check the printer specs for your printer here it indicates that your 2540 series printer has no wireless capability which would suggest that you shouldn't be able to print wirelessly from any mobile devices.

"

HP Recommended
Exactly, my printer does not have wireless capability inbuilt.
That is what printserver exactly does, you plugged in your printer usb to printserver usb hub, and connect the printserver to your network via ethernet or wifi.
I have successfully print wirelessly via laptop, but no luck from my android.
I actually have tried many mobile printing app and plugin from playstore(starprint,printshare,etc), but only this one app can detect my printer so far.

Please take a look at this app "printhand mobile".
I can add my printer manually by inputting my printer ip and port , and then choose my printer driver. I managed to print testpage, but i need to pay 12$ for full version to be able to print document.

I am looking whether there is a free solution from hp. Or maybe i miss something when setting hp print plugin service or hp mobile print app. If no, maybe buying the app is the only solution so far.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The predominant HP apps are the Print plugin, HP eprint app and the HP all in one printer remote app.  If  these are not working for you I can't really recommmed any others as I've not tested them out.

"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.