Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Servers still down for eprint. Any word on when they will be back up

HP Recommended

Some info on this would be great.. I"ve been fighting this thing for 2 days.  Everything seems to work except the app connectivity and the ability to get a email address assigned.  Very frustrating.

HP Recommended

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just paid over $450 for a printer and warranty last night only ro find out part of the major reason I paid EXTRA for this printer is not even working!!!

I certainly HOPE that this isn't one of those gimmicks tech companies use to sell a bunch of equipment only to choose not to support it after the initial sale off of inventory.

HP Recommended

Okay everyone!!!

I found this solution within this forum THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! It was just posted. It's called a "semi-full reset" and IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Getting-started-with-ePrint/m-p/447805/highlig...

Give kudos to the original poster.

HP Recommended

This worked great for me.  Web and eprint and apps now work for me!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@LarryK111 wrote:

I contacted HP several days ago about this exact same problem -- tried to enable Web services, downloaded some kind of update and then an error message asking for a proxy server.

I was told that the HP server that runs these services was down and I was given the following link to check the status:

http://h30495.www3.hp.com/status/servers

As of today (1/2) at 8:34am eastern, this link still shows the server is down.  Tech support told me that until this link shows no errors, I am wasting my time trying to set up Web services.

It has already been three days.  I understand that this is a holiday weekend, but this problem should still be addressed on a more timely basis.

Sorry I can't offer better information, but hopefully this will reduce some of the frustrations!

Happy New Year to all!

I doubt the above link is a valid way to check server status.  It always returns 403 "Forbidden" even when ePrint is working fine for me.

Also the "semi-full reset" trick does NOT always work.  I did that under the guidance of phone support and still kept getting the "Cannot connect to Server" message when selecting to print the email page.  It finally started working much later (the next day), printing out the eprint page about five minutes after my last failed connect attempt -- much to my surprise.

I wonder how many others have been sucked in by the connect failure message with its suggestion to use a proxy server?  Once I entered a Proxy server IP and Port (just a wild stab -- actually there is no proxy I could use)  there was no way to remove it short of the "Semi-full reset".

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add to the list of people trying to setup the ePrint feature, which was also a major reason why I bought the printer.

HP Recommended

Apparently we are all having the same proxy server problems. I just called Bright House, they directed me to my modem which is D-Link and they directed me to HP. Big circle here. I called HP last night after trying for 3 hours to get this new printer to work. 6500A Plus. I was told last night that the server was down. I read all the posts here and it seems the server has been down for weeks? What is up with this and why cant someone/anyone from HP help this issue?

I am still trying today and no luck. Internet works but nothing for eprint services at all. This is so frustrating.

HP Recommended

I am not convinced the server is really down.  I've been successfully ePrinting over the last 24 hours.  That status URL they give out always reports 403 "Forbidden".   Either the status URL doesn't work, or there is actually a separate server that dispenses email addresses required for initial setup.  I suspect a firmware problem in the printers.

HP Recommended

Add me amongst the list of those having issues.  I was told earlier by HP that "Oh, ePrint is down.  Try again in 2-3 hours.".  It's been 6 hours and I tried again.  Still the same issue.  The printer will not give me a printer email address because it needs to connect via a Proxy.  I have no idea what or how to get Proxy info.  I guess I'll call Suddenlink tomorrow and ask them.  Even still, wonder if when I get that, if ePrint is still down?  Looks like users have been told it's down for a couple weeks now?  I'll update once further along. 

And thanks vicldz  for posting the Semi-full Reset option. I tried it, but it just got me back to the very same status.....needing prompt of a Proxy address before it'll even issue me a printer address.  The printer prints and scans just fine wireless.  Just can't get the ePrint services set up yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.