Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello,

I have trouble of trying to connect my Macbook Pro to HP Envy 4520's hidden direct wifi.  I was a fool for turning on to hide the network name via embedded web server when I thought it was to hide my printer's direct wifi from other people.  Now I cannot find a way to undo my mistake.  I don't remember the full name of SSID.  I tried doing printer's factory reset and network reset but to no avail.  I can't even go back to embedded web server because I don't have direct wifi from the printer.  How should I undo or fix this?  Or how can I find my printer's wifi on my network?

Thanks for your time to read and I hope you have a blessed week!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never mind.  I found the solution.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Wireless Direct cannot be hidden, meaning you have disabled Wireless Direct.

From the printer itself click teh Wireless Direct icon from teh home screen ().

Touch the Settings (Gear) icon and turn on WiFi direct from that menu, then the SSID will become available again.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

But I already turn on the wireless direct and it doesn't appear.  What I meant is that I changed the setting via embedded web server (http://192.168.223.1) and turn off the broadcasting stuff.  Now I don't know how to go back as I forgot the name of hidden SSID/Network name.  Do you know any other method how I can undo this?

HP Recommended

Never mind.  I found the solution.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

What was the solution 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.