Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I know the HP Print Service Pludin is not installed on Sony phones straight out of box. You may need to download this from the playstore or if you have already done this, you may need to go into settings>printer> and then enable the plugin. You should then be able to choose the option to print 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi Hogana,

Correct & I did that before posting. I've just finished updating the firmware on the printer - no joy then  power cycled the phone & IT NOW WORKS!!!! DEEP JOY.

Perhaps I should have power cycled the phone after installing the plug-in and saved a lot of time? Should this be included as an installation instruction?

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's great that you got it working. From the phones I have used it always worked first time but I have never installed it on a Sony phone. I will make sure and keep an eye out for the same thing happening in the future though. Thanks for the feedback

HP Recommended

Hmm, pity it doesn't work when you have special paper in tray 1 and plain paper in tray 2 of an 8600, it always tries (and fails) to print from tray1 even though the default is tray2.

Any plans to fix this bug?

HP Recommended

Hi roddersuk,

Can I just get this clear. You are trying to print from the bottom tray (default) but it is trying to pick from the photo tray? Can I ask what document type and what size of document your are trying to print? Also what device are you printing from?

HP Recommended

Yes i have 6x4 photo paper in the top tray and A4 plain paper in the bottom tray. If i try to print a web page from my Nexus 7 setting the page size to A4, it tries to print from the top tray and fails.

HP Recommended

I'm just after checking using a Nexus 5 and a 7510 and can't recreate the problem. I do know that some devices differ but I taught the Nexus 5 and 7 would be the same. You could try downloading the ePrint app which is free on Playstore and this should allow you to print your webpage correctly. I'll ask around if someone knows of any bug on the Nexus 7 in the meantime and how to work around it

HP Recommended

I tried the ePrint app and that was simply appalling. Very very slow and not at all intuitive. Couldn't get it to do anything useful.

HP Recommended

OK well I will have a look for you as I know there are a few other ways around it. In my experience the ePrint app has worked well for me personally but I wouldn't regularly print web pages.

Something which may be worth trying with your embedded print is to print it in Black and White to see will this work although I know this may not be an ideal solution for you

HP Recommended

Printing in monochrome fails the same way, can't say I'm surprised though.

Thanks for your help. I'll just file under 'doesn't work' along wirh Google Cloud Print which is equally unfathomable.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.