Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520

Brand new 4520 will recognise  My home network and I have put in the password correctly but it will not connect.  Have switched everything off and on again but no success. Have never had such an issue with other devices. I printed off diagnostic from printer which suggests some issue with MAC address filtering on my sky router but have never activated MAC address filtering on my router - a) Would not have a clue how to do it  b) have never had this issue with other devices so why now? Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and run HP Printer Install wizard from link below to install printer wireless.

www.hp.com/go/tools

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and run HP Printer Install wizard from link below to install printer wireless.

www.hp.com/go/tools

HP Recommended

Thank you that sorted it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

HP Recommended

I can not get printer to print from laptop.

It does print from both Iphone and Ipad.

It will print quick start guide, network configuration page, test page from printer console.  So i know printer itself works.

I have installed and uninstalled all files in excess of 30 times.

I have unplugged and turned back on all components (laptop, wifi, router, printer) numerous times.

I have changed ports.

Laptop is a PC running windows 8.1.

When I initially installed it it worked from laptop once.  But not since then.

I have tried troubleshooting guides, wizards, installing from 123.hp.com/setup, installing manually, installing from printers and devices install new printer, using drivers from internet, using drivers from CD.

ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.