Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had my printer set up to print through wifi and it was working great but since the power went out a few seconds this morning it won't print.  I even reset the wifi but still won't print.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, to sort this out:

1. Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector.
  2. Turn the printer off.
  3. While the printer is powered off, remove the power cable from the back of the router for one minute.
  4. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.

Now, on the printer click on the Wireless icon that looks like a radio tower. If you see a line that says Status: Not Connected, click on Settings and Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to your network.

Finally:

1. Click on Start and open Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click on any icon of your printer listed.
  3. Click on Remove Device.
  4. Click on Add Printer and follow the prompts to add a new queue for your PC.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @Lu100,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing from your Windows 7 PC to your printer. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know the name of the printer as it appears on the front label. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi DocCottle, thanks for your response.  Printer name on front is:

hp LaserJet Pro 200 MFP M276mw

Thanks

Lu 

HP Recommended

Alright, to sort this out:

1. Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector.
  2. Turn the printer off.
  3. While the printer is powered off, remove the power cable from the back of the router for one minute.
  4. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.

Now, on the printer click on the Wireless icon that looks like a radio tower. If you see a line that says Status: Not Connected, click on Settings and Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to your network.

Finally:

1. Click on Start and open Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click on any icon of your printer listed.
  3. Click on Remove Device.
  4. Click on Add Printer and follow the prompts to add a new queue for your PC.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi DocCottle;

Thank you so much for your help.  All I had to do was shut the printer off and unplug router and plug router back in and turn printer on and it started printing.

Very much appreciated.

Lu Kovacs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.