Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi, I recently bought a HP Deskjet 3050A with Airprint function for my step father.
I tried to help him install the printer over the phone yesterday, but even after downloading the instruction pdf could not work out how to choose the WiFi Router it should connect to and to enter the WiFi Passcode.
We bought this printer because of its Airprint function, so that he can print directly from an iPad.
Could someone please tell me if it is possible to choose and set up the connection to the router without using a PC, and if so how?
Many thanks in advance for your support
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello IMCNick,

I regret to hear that you are having issues setting up your Deskjet 3050A with AirPrint.  However, your printer can only establish a wireless connection through a process called USB to wireless (done during printer setup) and it does require a PC to do this. Using the USB to wireless feature actually transmits the network settings from the PC to the printer.  The link below will give you step by step on how to do this process.  I hope this helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02722113

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended
Please can anyone out there help me! I have a 2nd hand printer which I cannot get to communicate with my laptop or ipad. I need help ASAP.

THANKS in advance
HP Recommended

Liamfindlay1,

Are you also using a Deskjet 3050A?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Yes!
HP Recommended

Did they give you the USB cable with it?

You will need the USB cable to complete the installation so that your computer can recognize it wirelessly.

I would recommend taking a look at this document for steps on how to install it correctly:

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

After the printer is on your network, you should be able to AirPrint, just make sure that the iPad and printer are both connected to the same wireless network.

If you are still having issues after that, let me know and I will see what I can do to help resolve those for you.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thank you so much, all sorted and working brilliantly.

Much appreciated
HP Recommended

Not a problem! Glad everything is working now!

Have a great day,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

Help! I have the printer connected to my WI-FI network using the utility tool on my mac. My mac can print wirelessly but when I attempt to print something using my iPad the iPad says "no airprint printers detected." Both devices are on the same network. Are there detailed instructions somewhere to set up airprint? It isn't happening magically and automatically like most devices I have used in the past. 

HP Recommended

Hi peter_ginn,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you are getting a "No AirPrint printer found" message when attempting to AirPrint from you iPad to your Deskjet 3050a.

Let's start by power cycling your network.  To do this please follow the steps listed below:

1. Turn off the printer using its power button,
  2. Turn off the iPad,
  3. Turn off or unplug your router
  4. Wait a full 60 seconds then turn on or plug your router back in
  5. Once the startup cycle for your router has completed, please turn your iPad back on
  6. Turn your printer back on

After completing the above steps you should be able to print from iPad.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.