Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have registered for instant in where I live in Spain but I can't find how to set the language on my account screen / emails to English

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Instant Ink Service is region based,

Only the Spanish language is offered for Spain, it cannot be used in Englush for the specific region.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you login to your HP connected account, look to the top right of the home screena and you'll see a flag which denotes the country/language - click the flag and change it to Spain.

Hope this helps. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I have tried that already. I live in Spain and my instant ink needs to be delivered in Spain. I just want the language in English. The flag shows Spain. When I click it, it says to go to my account to change. When I do that, it wants me to change my email address too. I can't change the language. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

When you click the UK flag, you should be prompted to then click settings and you be presented with a screen that allows you to change both country and password - are you able to change only the country and save the changes?

"

HP Recommended
No. It wants me to change my email address.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You shouldn't need to change your email.

The screens that I see when I change my country are as follows:

The first screen is the www.HPconnected.com screen where you login with your details and then click the country flag at the top right.

Home page.JPG

The folling screen is accessed by clicking the settings button and then selecting My Account.  As you can see from teh screen below there is no prompt to change email. To change country, slect the country you want and save changes - leave the change password cells blank.

Account settings.JPG

"

HP Recommended

I get the screen where I can change my email address but the country is greyed out and nothing will drop down. image.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Instant Ink Service is region based,

Only the Spanish language is offered for Spain, it cannot be used in Englush for the specific region.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HP should understand more about how Europe works... Why should there be a link between a website language and a location? People move around a lot. HP's behaviour could possibly be seen as a case of geoblocking, which has just become illegal unless there is a legitimate justification.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem,  but in Finland.
Please make English available everywhere.

Moreover, Finland has two official languages - Finnish and Swedish.
And your service language policy affects human rights of Swedish speaking people here, as long as all the non-Finnish inhabitants

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.