Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to connect LaserJet M1132 through router D-Link DIR320. Is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer has one LAN port and the router has 4 LAN ports therefore Yes, you can connect the printer to one LAN port on the router using a normal CAT5e/Cat6 cable. The setup will look like this:

earth.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry, my printer has no LAN port.

uP1070815_cr.jpg

HP Recommended

Hey Anri68,

I looked up the product specifications for the M1132 (M1130 series) Laserjet.  One can find this page by clicking here.

From this information one can see that the M1130 series has only a USB port for connectivity.

connectivityM1130serieslaserjet.JPG

One could connect the printer by USB to a wireless print server for network connectivity, but the printer itself is only supplied with a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

One could connect the printer by USB to a wireless print server for network connectivity, but the printer itself is only supplied with a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.  Hope this helps.

Yes, I know - theoretically it is possible, on practic no. I try it. Connection doesn't work. And because I ask Community who solve it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The M1132 only support USB connection and only provide connectivity to a single computer.

The D-Link DIR320 as a print server allow connecting the printer to the USB port of the router and use the printer through the network.

Using a 3rd party hardware which adds additional functionality is not supported by HP and you may contact the vendor (D-Link) for any assistance using their 3rd party hardware.

Be aware that using such a print server will only allow basic print functionality, it will not provide you any other software functionality as fax sending from the computer, scanning or using the HP Toolbox software.

Additionally be aware that not any print server supports printers which uses the Host-Based printing language as used by the M1132.. that is fully up to the print server's capabilities and you may try following the steps and check if that work.

You may follow your router's user guide to setup a printer, check page 41 of the guide:

ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-320/Description/DIR-320_A1_Manual%20v1.00.pdf

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.