Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@KevinKan:Try another webbrowser to open Embedded WebServer, like Firefox..

HP Recommended

All of these links go to the exact same Welcome to HP generic support page...     Hummm...

HP Recommended

It apears Cannon is having the same issues...    I am finding this information while searching for anything other than a Cannon printer.  We are on our second printer model ...   Also very frustrating. 

HP Recommended

This thread started back in 2014... Many of the links are quite old and possibly dead!

If you already have your printer installed on your wireless network, then go to the Chrome Web Store and install an app named "HP Print".

Open a file you wish to print, then type CNTL-P (or use the Print option if available).

Change the "Destination" in the Settings menu that opens to your printer's IP address.  It usually defaults to "Save as PDF".

The app supposedly allows printing via a USB cable from a ChromeBook, but I have not verified this (I prefer using wireless).

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Chrome book printing works but printing as far as I know still requires another computer to be online.  A wireless Cloud Printing equipped printer would have to be installed on another computer then added to your Google cloud printers from that computer.  When you printed from your Chrome book that computer would have to be on for the Chrome book to see and use the printer. 

The Chrome book not being able to print to a wireless printer without another computer in the system is a design issue.  The link below from the Acer website that explains full setup procedures.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10397/~/printing-with-the-acer-chromebook

HP Recommended

My ChromeBook (and every other device in my home - phones, laptops, even a Palm TX!) print easily to my HP printers without any PC needed.  I'm not using Google Cloudprint.  They all use my wireless network.

The printers are designed to communicate directly with a router, or via an ethernet cable.

I suggest you follow these instructions for setting up your printer wirelessly (from the HP Support pages for your model):

Wireless Printer Setup

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.