Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
How do I reset a password for my HP photo smart 5520 printer, so I can get back to printing by wi-Fi on my I Pads. Help!
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Okpat,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you are no longer able to print from your iPads to your Photosmart 5520 printer.

I’m presuming that you are printing from your iPads using the wireless direct network broadcast from the printer. In your User Guide on page 33, in the section titled “To connect wirelessly to the printer without a router” it explains how to get the wireless direct password.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Please help I am old fart can't remember my password! 

Went to a friends house tonight to print something and put in his password for his printer now can't get back on mine

aghh!

HP Recommended
You need to print out the Network Config sheet to see your Wireless Direct password.
HP Recommended

I've forgotten my password for my hp 5520 printer and cannot find my booklet either. as I can no longer print from my laptop can you help me fix this problem.

thank you  john laarkamp

HP Recommended
Simply print out the Network Config sheet to see your password. Info is in the User guide.
HP Recommended

Bought a kindle fire and I can't print.  Keeps asking for printer password.  I don't remember it.  How do I find it.  

Thanks

HP Recommended

Read above.

HP Recommended

I lost my printer hp5520 user guide

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.