Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office jet 4630

Please tell me how to enter an exclamation mark for the wireless password connectivity. The choices under "*" or "#" do not offer that choice. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @rookie7890,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I understand that you are trying to find the exclamation point when entering the wireless password for your network on the Officejet 4630 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

When you press any key on the keyboard repeatedly you can cycle through small letter, capital letters, numbers, and symbols based on the key. For example, if you press 5 repeatedly you will cycle through j->k->l->J->K->L->5->j. In your case you will need to press the * key 21 times to find the exclamation point.

If you make a mistake you can press the minus button to delete the last pressed key.

Please let me know if this allows you to enter the password or if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great week!

If this resolves your issue, then please help other users find this post by clicking on Accept as Solution on my post.

If you appreciate my help, then please let others know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am afraid that is wrong. Scrolling through the * key gives me *@.-_ only then starts over again. Please help!!

HP Recommended

On the sixth key press of the * key it should show you a new set of five characters, not return to *. If you already have pressed the button more than five times then the printer is having an issue with the firmware and would need to be replaced. You can contact HP support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Or.... if you can not find the character you need, you need to change your SSID password to not include that character. Now you can connect just fine.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.