Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (127 Views)

My Laptop suddenly quit communicating with my wireless HP 7520

Product Name: HP Pavillion
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

See subject line.  The printer suddenly quit accepting print commands from the laptop.  It accepts them from my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, and her laptop.  All checks/diagnostics on the printer indicate that it is "up and running fine!"

Honor Student
Message 2 of 7 (108 Views)

Re: My Laptop suddenly quit communicating with my wireless HP 7520

I'm having the same issue! I was printing fine as of last night and suddenly today it's telling me "Unable to connect with printer" even though every troubleshooter is telling me it's "ready" and "connected". Tried calling HP support and got disconnected due to "technical difficulties" so I gave up and ended up here. I have HP Officejet 3830 All-in-one.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (98 Views)

Stinger, I used the HP Print and Scan Doctor, followed the directions, and my computer and printer began communicating again!  Not sure what was fixed; some mention of a "device" connection being OFF, which the Doctor fixed.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (90 Views)

Tried that.. Said it was an issue with my software. Had to uninstall then re install everything and it still shows as offline. I've tried everything. Seems to be an HP issue of you look at Twitter and forum issues, they all started today or the past few days which tells me that maybe HP need to update their software for bugs. Just a guess tho
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)

Well, please let us know the resolution to your problem once you get it fixed.  Did the Scan and Print Doctor say, specifically, what the "software issue" was?

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (79 Views)

Nope. Just said to uninstall and reinstall.
Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)

That's not very helpful!  Maybe, if you can contact a human, they can give you a bit more guidance.  Let us know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation