Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Chrome OS

Why won't my printer appear on the Google Cloud setup feature? 

I recently purchased the HP Envy 5540, but I haven't been able to print anything.

I went through the registration process, but initially couldn't add my wi-fi password because I couldn't remember what it was. However, I later went back and added that information. The printer is connected to the wi-fi, according to icon on the bottom of my Chromebook. However, when I go to the Google Cloud print section, I can't find my printer.

What should I do?

Thank you.

John 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi John,

Can you see the blue wireless light solid lit on your printer?

Prewss the Wi-Fi icon on the printer and locate its IP.

Type that IP into Google Chrome and ensure you can access the printer homepage, mening both the printer and the Chromebook are conneted to your home network.

Next install HP Print for Chrome from the Google Chrome Web Store and try prinign as instructed in the following document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi John,

Please download and install the HP print for chrome  extension and follow the setup instructions below. This should help with your isssue.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi John,

Can you see the blue wireless light solid lit on your printer?

Prewss the Wi-Fi icon on the printer and locate its IP.

Type that IP into Google Chrome and ensure you can access the printer homepage, mening both the printer and the Chromebook are conneted to your home network.

Next install HP Print for Chrome from the Google Chrome Web Store and try prinign as instructed in the following document:

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you both for the prompt response. 

So I've already added the extension, typed in my ip address, pressed add, and the printer still does not appear on the Google Cloud Print setup area? 

Instead it reads: "There are no devices available to register on the network. If your device is on and connected to the internet, try registering it using instructions in its instruction manual."

However, I already went through the setup process and added the app. And the printer is connected to the wi-fi network.

When I go to print documents, I am not given the option to print. It says I can only make PDFs. 

How should I proceed next? 

Thank  you for your help.

John

HP Recommended

When you try to print something, look for the "Destination" entry.  You want to Change the destination to your printer's IP address.  It defaults to "Save as PDF" if you don't change this.

Be sure your printer is not using "Wireless Direct" and generating its own wifi hotspot, but is correctly connected wirelessly to your router.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I guess I typed the wrong IP address in. The printer now works.

Thank you for your prompt and professional help.

Many thanks.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.