Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (100 Views)

Officejet 8715 and Web Services

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Officejet Pro 8715
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new printer connected to wireless network which has internet access but printer won't connect to Web Services.  I've tried a hard wired connection as well to no avail.  Firmware is up to date. All reports show connectivity (from what i can make out) but printer won't connect to web services via the printer or the EWS. Printer has Instant Ink contract which I have signed up to but can't use without the web services

Well it's now got a bit more techy.  I had a hunch it could be my router.  So I swapped the router out with an old Plusnet router (which is not much use for general use as the wifi is so bad).  Anyhow the printer connected immediately to Web Services.

So, it would appear that something within my router is blocking the HP Web Services.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600.  Anybody have any bright ideas as it's all going a bit over my head?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (56 Views)

Re: Officejet 8715 and Web Services

Hey @SRP2

Glad you were able to isolate the root cause and determine the that the printer was not at fault. Although router specific settings are out of my scope, I can suggest ensuring the router has the latest firmware and that the necessary ports are open. 

Actually, I found a post by @PrintApper that might help: Connectivity Troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Lisa. 

-HP Instant Ink Support. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (48 Views)

Thanks for the response.  Can anybody confirm which ports I would need to open on the router for the web services to connect please?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)

That link indicates ports 80, 443, 5222 and 5223 are required. 

1. ePrint and Print Apps require access to establish connections out to HP servers via ports 80, 443, 5222 and 5223.   Primarily in some business environments, network administrators may block devices initiating communication from within the firewall on some of these ports.  Please check with your network administrator or Internet Service Provider to make sure those ports are not blocked on your router/firewall for outward-bound communication initiated by your printer. 

If you're not sure how to make this change yourself you might need to contact your router manufacturer. 

Lisa. 

-HP Instant Ink Support. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation