Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have repeatedly tried to configure Web Services on my Officejet Pro 8620 but it will not.  DNS is set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4.  From the printer web server, I get:

Unable to connect to the server.

Check the Internet connection and try again. If you are still unable to connect, contact your administrator or the person who set up the printer.

If your network requires a proxy server address to connect to Internet, click Enter Proxy or check your browser settings.

Proxy is set to none.  This is getting really frustrating as I've tried every solution I can google.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Still nothing.  I found another set of DNS addresses to use but that hasn't worked either.

I am using an ASUS RT-N66U router.

HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

How is the printer connected to your network?  Wired via LAN cable, or wireless?

The second set of GoogleDNS should be 8.8.4.4.

Did the printer set correctly when you first attempted to connect it?

I have an older OfficeJet 8600 Premium Pro and the same router.  Both work very well.  Printer is connected wirelessly.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

This printer is setup wireless.  Computers at the house can print to it just fine.

I have the DNS set to:

I've also tried the google servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and that doesn't work either.

This printer was purchased back in July and I believe it worked then with eprint as I think I have printed to it from my Samsung phone via 4G. 

HP Recommended

Are those DNS numbers the same your router has been assigned?  Try using those.

If it was my printer, I'd try re-running the Wireless wizard, and start over again.

One trick I'd suggest - if you are familiar with internal router settings, set a Static IP for the printer!  In an ASUS router, it's located in:

LAN/DHCP Server tab/Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list

I'm assuming you are not using any MAC filtering that could block net access. 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I have setup the router to use the same DNS addresses as well as I don't trust the ones assigned by Comcast.

I've re-run the wireless wizard numerous times.

The printer is using a manually assigned IP address but I had not set it up in the table for the router but it is now.

Same problem exists.

HP Recommended

Any more suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello browetally,

Sorry to see that you have been having such a hard time getting the ePrint function up and running with the Officejet 8620. Since you have assigned a manual I.P and the two common DNS settings, I am not sure of any other troubleshooting to suggest.

You could try any of the DNS settings offered here: Free and Public DNS Servers.

I have worked with a fellow community member that had a similar problem, the cause was his ASUS RT-N53 router. Not the same router has yours, agreed, but still could be the same default setup. He ended up changing the routers.

I would suggest to ensure all ports are opened within the router, this Thread will show the ports: Check the Anti-Virus for Blocked Ports and Timed Scans.

Last choice would be to speak with HP's Cloud Support at 855-785-2777. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region, click HERE to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Jerends I now put the IP address of the printer into the DMZ and it still is not connecting.  Figured if there was a port issue that would solve it.

HP Recommended

Yes, setting the printer to be in the DMZ for the router would have cleared up any and all port issues that may have caused the issue.

Have you a chance to check the other DNS's from the link I gave?

It wasn't stated before, check for firmware updates on the printer. Since the printer has no access to the Internet, you will have to use a computer.

HP Officejet Pro 8620/8625 Firmware Update<---

Also, two ideas on troubleshooting the router / communication further, use an Ethernet connected from printer to router. The other idea, connect the printer (with Ethernet) to your Modem directly, try enabling Web Services.

Let me know the results.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.