Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-Print-4A-ENVY 4500 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Today my husband bought a new desk top and when hooking up had to get our local internet company help . Each time we put in the ID and password code it would come back as NOT CORRECT . So got on to ATT and we were able to secure a NEW PASSWORD . Now when I go to print something the printer wants me to put in PASSWORD . I did just that and each time states INCORRECT WORD PLEASE TRY AGAIN . But the funny thing I'm asking is ( why is it everytime I go to connect with printer I get kicked off line and lose internet connection ) ?

The printer was working great up to that moment .

Thanks 

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

It sounds like you are using one of the two wireless connection methods available in your printer called "Wireless Direct".

It turns your printer into a wifi hotspot, and does not require a router or existing wireless network.  It will disconnect whatever device you are using to access the printer from the internet.

I'd suggest you turn it off, and use your home network instead.  Look for "Wireless Direct" in your Network settings on the printer, and turn it off.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

It sounds like you are using one of the two wireless connection methods available in your printer called "Wireless Direct".

It turns your printer into a wifi hotspot, and does not require a router or existing wireless network.  It will disconnect whatever device you are using to access the printer from the internet.

I'd suggest you turn it off, and use your home network instead.  Look for "Wireless Direct" in your Network settings on the printer, and turn it off.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.