Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

I followed the link to Microsoft support and posted the query, I received the reply to uninstall and re-install which I had already done many, many times but I repeated and of course the same issue prevailed.  I went back to them with the result as requested and now, a month later, have had no response despite a couple of further requests to them.  They also posted asking if I had been helped to which I replied, of course, that I hadn't.  Is there any way you can help further or do I just have to abandon all efforts.  It seems so strange that I have never in 20 odd years found this problem when installing a program.  Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi OldAndGrey.

Thank you so much for your patience! Please contact RocketLife support directly at hpsupport@rocketlife.com. If you like, they can set up a "connect session" so they can see what's going on with your computer.

The conflict may be due to an overaggressive security program.

Thanks again for posting,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

For others reading this, our engineers discovered the conflict was due to an overzealous security program called CryptoPrevent. It was installed under Windows 7 and left some junk behind when the computer was upgraded to Windows 10. After some cleanup, they were able to install HP Photo Creations.

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. How do I find out if CryptoPrevent files are on my computer?
I am unable to uninstall Photo Creations due to the error800704ec:2.
HP Recommended

Hi Siberkat.

Please contact our support team through the Submit a Ticket tab at RocketLifeSupport.com. If you like, our techs can make an appointment for a free "connect session" to examine your computer remotely and see what might be interfering with the installation.

Thank you,

RocketLife

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.