Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M1213nf MFP
Chrome OS

I use a chromebook, so I use my printer mostly as Google Cloudprinter. Usually, I am able to get my printer connected using the claim code that is printed in the information sheet (this information sheet is printer when I enable HP Webservices on the printer).

For some reason, I seem to be unable to enable the Webservices successfully. I get a prompt that webservices are enabled, but the information sheet that is supposed to get printed is not getting printed anymore. So, I dont know what my claim code is, and as a consequence I dont seem to be able to print from Google Cloudprint anymore.

I can login to HPConnected site, I can't add a printer because I dont know the claim code.

Can you please let me know what could I be doing wrong? How can I obtain the claim code?

Thanks

KNK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is your ChromeBook and printer using the same wireless network?  If so, have you tried installing the "HP Print" app from the Chrome Webstore?

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Here's HP's article on "How to get the claim code".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is your ChromeBook and printer using the same wireless network?  If so, have you tried installing the "HP Print" app from the Chrome Webstore?

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

Here's HP's article on "How to get the claim code".

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

"HP Print" app from the Chrome! Worked for me!! Exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help. I think the next thing for HP is to have a similar app for scan!!

Thanks a lot! You saved a lot of time that I used to waste due to the cloud print option.

HP Recommended

Glad I could help!

HP Print works very well for me too.  🙂

WyreNut

HP Recommended

Hi - Ran into the another problem with HP Print. After printing couple of pages successfully, it started giving a message about "Printer Software Problem", and doesn't print anymore.

The printer's display shows me that each time this happens (when I print), the printer is getting reboted/restarted.

screenshot-lh3.googleusercontent.com 2016-05-04 08-14-41.png

Have you had any similar issues with HP Print?

Thanks

KNK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.