Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP7520 e-all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My printer quit offering the option to print in color.  This is true for all my computers for this printer.

It will produce color copies.  The printer will print the Printer Status Report and Ink status reports in color.

I have new HP cartridges and after the problem started, I downloaded the current dirvers for the printer.   

Thanks for any ideas as to what I can do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rad42103,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you were unable to delete the printer from server properties.

Please ignore the error and then follow the steps in the previous post to install the software.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@rad42103,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the print in grayscale option is enabled in the drivers.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.

6. Click OK, and then click Print to start the print job.

You may also update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks Rainbow23.

But that is not my problem.

I have not been able to get the option to show color, black& white, greyscale or anything else.  Therefore There is no way for me to make a selection concernng color.

Today, I was able to get the color option on my laptop and was able to print an object in color.  I then tried on my desktop the is connected to the printer and sometimes it shows a color option but usually does not.  Even when I selected the color option, it printed in greyscale.

I've had the printer for several years and have always been able to print in color whenever I want but it suddenly stopped offering the option on 4 different compuers.

I was using Chrome on my one sucessful color print on my laptop, but cannot print in color on the desktop on either Chrome or IE.

HP Recommended

@rad42103,

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the if the drivers are corrupted or not installed properly.

Please follow the steps in the links to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Could not uninstall.  Tried with printer on and off.

Got following message:

The following package(s) can not be deleted:

hpvpl09.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
HP Photosmart 7520 series; This driver is used on:
   HPE01B81 (HP Photosmart 7520 series)
   HP Photosmart 7520 series

The following driver(s) can not be deleted:

Driver HP Photosmart 7520 series (x64) is in use. It is used on:
    HPE01B81 (HP Photosmart 7520 series)

HP Recommended

@rad42103,

I understand that you were unable to delete the printer from server properties.

Please ignore the error and then follow the steps in the previous post to install the software.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping.  i finally got the desk top to print in color, but the color button does not show up on the print setup screen like it used to do.  

I'll just have to show my wife how to go into the advanced settings and check the color option.

Thanks again,

Ron

HP Recommended

@rad42103,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved. I also appreciate your time and patience.

The only option to check the color option while printing is from the advanced settings only.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
I have a Samsung galaxy s7 active and my printer is the HP Office jet 4500 wireless, printer works fine and prints in color but when I want to print a document or photo from my phone it will not allow me to switch from black and white to color and when I tap on advanced settings there are no options to change anything at all much less the color
HP Recommended

Sorry for such a late reply.  I've been out of town and away from the printer.

My HP Photosmart 7520 always had a button to select color or grey scale on the print setup until recently.  It disappeared recently.

I though I had the problem solved by going into the advanced settings and choosing color, but I found out today it did not work to print something color.  

I'm still befuddled.

Ron

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.