Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
iOS
GMD2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well you need to find out more of what you have.  Assuming you want to connect direclty to your phone, the information is in your User Guide that you download from the web.  You need to print out the Network Config page to see your password.

To check the IP address of the printer, obtain the IP address by printing a network configuration page.

Page 126 of the User guide...

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, touch Network, and then touch Print Network Settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Want good answers, answer these questions.

Please follow the instructions here and answer all questions in detail.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td...

HP Recommended
I should have added that my Dell laptop can connect to the printer no problem and I can use the HP ePrint app to connect my iPhone 6 to the printer OK as well.
It's only when I try to connect my iPhone to the printer directly that the correct password is not accepted!
HP Recommended

Are you trying to connect to your routers SSID or your printers internal SSID?

HP Recommended
Not sure.
The problem is when I try to connect my iPhone to the printer when I go via the wifi on my iPhone 6
There was no problem before iOS 10 was installed on my iPhone
HP Recommended

Well you need to find out more of what you have.  Assuming you want to connect direclty to your phone, the information is in your User Guide that you download from the web.  You need to print out the Network Config page to see your password.

To check the IP address of the printer, obtain the IP address by printing a network configuration page.

Page 126 of the User guide...

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, touch Network, and then touch Print Network Settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.